You are not logged in.

#1 24-08-09 10:43:39

martin Williams
Verified Member

I dont believe whats happened, First pup on test

Was feelling really tense first pup on test only been a PDI for 5 weeks, but I was confident she could pass.  Car all polished up ready to go. Half of me nervous half of me looking forward to the day.
Then the phone goes my pup not very happy, Examimer ill test cancelled less than half a days notice .
Even worse the next available test date is in 6 weeks time. Do they not have a back up Examiner or extra test time slots for such an occurance? If not why not? Really feel for her 6 weeks is far too long to have to wait. Has this happened to anyone else?

24-08-09 10:43:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I dont believe whats happened, First pup on test

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 24-08-09 11:09:18

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yep...it's probably happened to just about every driving instructor at some time.

One of my instructors had it happen 3 times in a fortnight earlier this month.

Welcome to the world of the DSA  smile

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#3 24-08-09 12:38:23

driver69

From what I have read on forums, it is something you will have to get used to. We here in NI are under the dvani and dont seem to suffer to the same extent, I have never had a test cancled or moved. Last week I was waiting in the test centre and a member of staff called my pupils name 5 minutes before the test and my heart sank thinking this is going to be the first cancled test.  There had been an accident on an earlier test and the ex had gone home but they asked us to wait 15 minutes and they had another ex come from elsewhere.

#4 24-08-09 21:08:23

Vhasler

hi I had my first attempt booked for my part 3 a few days ago and it got cancelled the day before. My licence runs out next week so now I need to spend another 140 on a 2nd licence- that's if I can even get one!!! Fingers crossed. I would have thought they'd have a back up examiner would have thought lots of people wanting examiner jobs but maybe not.... My next one not til 15th October that's the earliest date they got !! Just assure your pupil that by the time 6 weeks is up they should have a clean sheet with no minors!!!

5/7/08 passed adi part 1 - 100/60 (1st attempt)
3/11/08 passed adi part 2 - 2 minors (1st attempt)
15/10/09 passed adi part 3 - 4/4 (first attempt)

#5 25-08-09 06:30:02

Lynne
Verified Member

Lets hope ours doesn't get cancelled today.  6 hour round trip out to Clacton! 

I have to tell those out on day trips:  If it gets cancelled you won't get all your money back and I still have to charge!

#6 25-08-09 06:52:25

FRANKS
Verified Member

So does polishing the car help your pupil pass the driving test!

just make sure you wipe the crumbs off the passenge seat!!  smile

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#7 25-08-09 19:31:06

adi
Verified Member
Website

Should have kept my mouth shut, had two pupils today conatct me having had letters cancelling their tests! great!
Had a lady a couple of months ago receive a cancellation letter the morning of her test, even though they had a contact telephone number!?!?!

Board footer