You are not logged in.

#1 20-08-09 20:05:48

VIKING

Passed Part 3! 3rd Attempt.

Phew! Passed my part 3 yesterday at Chester MPTC at my 3rd attempt.With the pressure on and a not so great nights sleep I managed a 4/4. Arriving in the area with an hour to spare I went to the nearby Sainsburys Cafe and downed a large Americano and sweet sticky cake whilst reading my notes.Thankfully, by the time I drove to the Test Centre I felt ok and unlike previous occasions pretty dam calm.This time things were going to to different and heres why......
Six months ago I binned my previous ADI come Trainer for an actual qualified Trainer who not only knows her stuff, but knows the area and was also able to explain why the S.E. had failed me previously and what was expected.
The Test....
                Pleased to see I'd got PST 4. Phase one Reversing and Phase two T junctions emerging.
Parked at the back of the car park I quickly grabbed my notes while he made his and settled in.
Once both in the car he set the scene,'any questions'?'Over to you'.No problem, been doing this for the last six months.Briefly showed him what we were going to do and would give more details at the site.Few questions on  his experiance so far,got him to talk me through his cockpit drill, then asked if he had ever drove out of the car park before and how fast etc?
On drive to site he missed mirror checks for new road which was quickly sorted and confirmed at the next junction.Then it was a case of lots of whys,what ifs, how fast and how will you until we reached the site.
Debriefed on the drive then did the briefing on the left reverse also found out he had done some straight line reversing and knew how to use the kerb stone as a reference point.Explained it was a means of turning the car round and when to signal and what to look for in the side road as we pass it and confirmed MSM routine.
Remembered S.L. and C after crossing the junction then instructed the manoeuvre.This is were the words of my
trainer were ringing in my head.'We are going to walk this car around this corner'.So straight on to him for clutch control and speed I actually managed to get him round pretty successfully 3 times.
Although I explained the obs. he kept missing them by looking at the steering wheel when told how much to steer and stalled a few times by fighting the clutch against the foot brake which I missed but got away with by insisting on him setting the gas.Through me a lifeline on pedestrians on pavements etc. and that was it.
Felt pretty good at this stage time to swich brain over to phase two.
Had a test coming up in a few weeks...... Gave nothing away in the brief and knew all about MSPSL and types of junctions and also (hindsite big clue) rolling emerges.
Now this is where I could have saved myself a lot of chasing down the faults. Here we are sitting 3/4 car lengths from a junction and although I asked about what type of junction it was and the speed of approach, when we got on the move he was out of that juncion with no more than a quick look.(Hindsite moment....,could of got him to crawl up to the junction checking out his routine and keeping control),
Anyway pulled him straight over and sorted obs.and why we need them.Off we go again and he's playing mirror faults on left major to minor turns which were sorted with reasons but at the next junction he overshoots the giveway line. Sorted at the next junction with some hefty braking insructions,(speed) a ref point and reason for
not letting the bonnet stick out. Too wide left at next junction. Took a couple of attempts to sort that, again with reason then started playing out of position on the right which wasn't quite sorted before we started heading back.(I Knew that because I been checking the area out for months as I'm not local.....It helps if you have an idea of what hazards are coming up).Made myself keep up the chat on the way back. At the debrief the position right was mentioned so never one to give up I offered to explain it with diagrams but he just smiled and said that was the end of the test.
I thought I'd blown it on phase two to be honest but thoughtI'm going to wait for the feedback anyway.
Pleasantly surprised to find I'd passed and looking at the results on the test sheet I've got six 5's and two 6's in certain areas so I'm doing somthing right!
Big thanks to Wonderfull Wendy and Training Buddy Jamie. Cheers!
big_smile

20-08-09 20:05:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed Part 3! 3rd Attempt.

#2 20-08-09 21:09:17

john55
Verified Member

congratulations VIKING. and a good write-up too. well done.  smile

If you can't do it safely don't do it at all

#3 21-08-09 06:40:29

Lucky245
Verified Member

Congrats, excellent write up big_smile

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

#4 21-08-09 07:16:16

benji

Well done viking

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 21-08-09 07:54:23

jay666
Website

Well done!! smile

#6 21-08-09 08:53:45

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Well done  big_smile
All the best for the road ahead!

#7 21-08-09 10:39:34

theadi
Verified Member

Congratulations ADI, all the best for the future.

#8 21-08-09 13:29:43

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Congratulations, very well done.  big_smile big_smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#9 21-08-09 16:54:41

taffyduck
Verified Member

well done

#10 22-08-09 09:55:24

Janeway
Verified Member
Website

Well done! You deserve your badge!! Your pupils will be lucky to have you as their instructor  big_smile I enjoyed our training sessions, glad I could help you achieve your goal.

Wendy

ORDIT Registered ADI Trainer
Fleet Trainer
Grade 6
B.Ed
http://www.voyagerinstructortraining.com

#11 22-08-09 15:03:25

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

hurrah! well done!! smile

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#12 24-08-09 08:43:35

TDW

Well done Viking. smile

Things fall to pieces so that other things can fall into place.

#13 24-08-09 08:51:52

VIKING

Thanks guys for all of your kind comments!
Also hope the write up was of some help to others about to take the Prt 3 Test.
Meanwhile, I can continue to use this excellent Forum for tips on setting up my business.
Cheers! big_smile

#14 24-08-09 23:07:01

hayjay

Well done and what a huge relief.......knew you could do it, just now ask that you really put me through my paces on sunday and to get me thinking for mine!!!!

congrats

jamie

Board footer