You are not logged in.

#1 08-08-09 19:18:13

Jellybean
Verified Member

Need a new car

At the moment I teach in a 52 plate Clio 1.2   I like the car but it is beginning to develop problems (105000 mileage.)  So I am looking for a new one or a good used one.  I am not that keen on the new shape Clio and my garage man and the diagnostic guy both say avoid Renault.  That won't necessarily make my decision but they do look after it and a new car would obviously or hopefully have the problems I am starting to suffer.

My choices at the moment are Clio, Jazz, Fiesta, Corsa and Yaris. 

I have recently driven the Jazz, can't see the bonnet and I know the Yaris is the same.  I have not yet been in the corsa or fiesta.  I have read all the reviews on here and elsewhere.  But finding it difficult to make a choice.

Interested in everyone's comments.

Jeanne

08-08-09 19:18:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Need a new car

#2 08-08-09 20:44:03

Ttomttom

I have the same dilemma with the added bonus of having 3 teenagers and an extremely large dog and a wee dog as well.

I am leaning towards the pug 308 but there is a new pug 3008 coming to the uk soon so I am in a state of much agitation. I have spent £700 in 9 weeks so will my pug last til christmas so I can replace her with the new 3008 or should i bite the bullet now and settle for the 308?

Have you tried the new shape KA it looks ok but i am 6'3" and is a bit small for me.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 10-08-09 14:05:39

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

i would recommend the new 1.33 Yaris (£35 year tax, 55mpg petrol). That's what I'm interested in anyway....

my 2nd choice would be the Jazz.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#4 20-08-09 23:08:43

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

I have a yaris T3 1.33 petrol.  It's a nice car, my 2nd yaris.  I'm happy with it (though not the dealers I bought it from who are words I cant say on the forum  :x). I'd recommend Yaris to anyone, all my pupils love it, very roomy inside, easy to drive and ultra reliable.  55mpg is a bit ambitious though, it's closer to 45 - though that is with constant aircon.

I'll be changing brands next time, but thats because of the dealership, not the car

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#5 18-09-09 13:40:27

kaf
Verified Member
Website

You have driven the Jazz, so know how refined it is, I have had one for 22,000 miles and would buy another at the drop of a hat.

Cracking little car.

#6 18-09-09 14:43:53

Johnstone
Verified Member

Why don't you take a short term lease, for instance a Corsa, by far the most popular tuition car, then if you don't like it try another type until you are happy.

Board footer