You are not logged in.

#1 19-08-09 21:18:24

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Main Dealer

Not sure if this belongs in here, but I had to rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the last 2 years I have bought 3 cars from a Toytoy main dealer (2 new cars the other a year old).  I've taken at least 6 of my pupils there who wanted a Yaris like me, and 4 instructors, and I've always gone to the same sales guy.  I cover anything from 800 to 1200 miles per week, and I get all my services done at the main dealer, so at 10,000 service intervals, I'm there every 8 to 12 weeks, and have been so for the last 3 years. Everyone in the dealership knows me by name, a couple of the service guys even know my car reg without being told.  3 of the mechanics have taken lessons from me, and I've given them a 20% discount.

An instructor who is working for me has her own car, a corsa.  The timing belt snapped and she's had 3 mechanics look at it but is told she needs a new engine at a cost of £3,600 - the car has done 57,000 miles and is worth £4,000.  She has been told Vauxhall may contribute or replace f.o.c. the engine, but it will take months to sort.  In the meantime she has no car and her pupils aren't getting lessons, and she doesn't know when her car will be ready, which is really bad for business.  Long story short, I took my personal car to my main Toyota dealer to trade it in for a yaris for my instructor.  Possibly the easiest sale for them ever.  I said "there's my car to trade in, I want a petrol yaris T3 with dual controls, quick".   The sales guy asked how many doors, what colour, how old, and I said I don't care, give me whatever you have.  10 min later he came back with 2 possible cars for me, plus an offer for my car.  I picked the lowest mileage car, but wasn't happy with the price for mine.  He was adamant about the price, couldn't change, so I reluctantly accepted.  There was £450 to pay which I put on my credit card, and I left him to sort the paperwork.  I was in the garage 20 min max. 

I was promised the car the next day at 11am, serviced and with dual controls.  So i told my instructor she could have it 1pm the next day.  Then the fun began!  Next day I get a phone call 9am.  They haven't got the duals so I cant have it till 5pm next day.  I was with a pupil and couldn't really talk or argue on the phone, so I had to leave it.  Tried to call back later that day but salesman and service manager unavailable. My instructor had 6 hours booked in that afternoon, and 10 the next day.  She had to cancel all of them, and to keep the pupils happy they are all getting a free lesson from me (as in i have to pay the instructor the lesson fee) as they have been messed about.

So when I collect the car I told the sales man I'd been promised the car 1pm Tuesday, but didn't get it till 5pm Wednesday, and that the instructor had canceled lessons which I had to pay for, 16 hours and that I'd had to cancel a lesson to collect the car tonight, and that he would have to give me something towards it as it was totally their fault, not mine.  He refused, so I asked to see his boss, but he had already left for the day.  Sales man takes me to see service manager as it's supposedly his fault duals weren't fitted, service manager says I shouldn't have been promised the car so quickly, not his fault, sales man says service should have fitted them quicker, not his fault. By this point I'm so angry I have to go before I explode.  I get in the car and test the duals.  they don't work!  half an hour to fix them.  Get in car again and there is no fuel, but I was promised a full tank.  Have to wait another 20 min for them to sort that out.

Oh, and the car only has 1 key

WHAT THE F**K :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

what do I do!?!

.phil.

ps if anyone in Sunderland wants 50+ hours of work, you can take my pupils if I'm caught fire bombing the dealership  :evil: :evil:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

19-08-09 21:18:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Main Dealer

#2 19-08-09 21:54:06

driver69

I hope you feel better now  smile With the amount of business you put their way I think you were right to expect a better service.

You do know that if the dealership happens to go up in smoke tonight, you will be prime suspect as this is on an public forum  :police:

#3 19-08-09 21:59:20

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Yeah... I was guna wait a while anyways to keep suspicion away from me... erm I mean I was only kidding about fire bombing it, and I have witnesses  tongue tongue tongue

.phil.

ps, anyone recommend a good training car?  I will be changing brand and dealers now.....i don't want a corsa or a clio... I'm thinking a polo.. though it may be a bit draughty what with the hole in the middle and all  tongue

pps yeah thats a crap joke, but I had a s**t day so I'm allowed!

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#4 19-08-09 22:06:40

driver69

Actually I thought it was quite funny  big_smile big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 19-08-09 23:54:10

la.monikita
Verified Member

Hey Phil!

Can I print your post and use it on my next project pretty please? :angel:

These people have no idea what running their own business means, THAT is why we get treated like that. I have started my own little "funny" runt, hope to post tomorrow...
Don't loose it, take a deep breath, go for a run, listen to some good music, have a bottle (whole one if you wish!) of wine and chill. They are not worth your energy! If they cannot prioritise and communicate in one dealership what hope is there? You don't need an ulcer courtesy of Toyota too!

Remember it's only money that is lost.
Your integrity is intact that's what's most important, to hell with ignorant Muppets who don't miss a tea break I bet.
Ask them How are they planing to compensate you for your losses (that is if you have the time  roll)

Good luck!

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#6 20-08-09 06:21:27

hector
Verified Member
Website

NEW polo! NEW golf!

Corsa, Clio, Punto, Yaris, Fiesta. All the same unreliable, very boring, and very poor dealers. You get what you pay for, go to the Germans! Just have to pay more  sad

Service-drive -service -drive -service- drive. Nothing else to do.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 20-08-09 09:24:55

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Nigel,

When I'm as good as you, and i can get your hourly rates, I will be geting a golf just like yours  wink

From now on I think it's guna be Polo's for me

.phil.
smile

#8 20-08-09 12:29:03

Luchell
Verified Member

Well my best one was a corker   roll Years ago when i put my Clio in part exchange i had only had it 4/5 months although it was a few years ol.d. The duals were almost brand new he mans I had had put in. The agreement on me having my new swift was that as part of it they would be giving me the duals from the Clio as i had a sale on them from an instructor needing them desperately. Well i never expected the excuse the salesman came up with when he told me on the phone he had looked and the duals had indeed been removed before the 2nd hand car dealer who was taking on the clio had taken it to his garage ready to sell.

When i got there no one had seen the duals, turned out the idiot had looked into the drivers side  yikes  roll He then told me i could have the duals back if i could find the BUSH the alleged car sales man had TAKEN my duals out and THROWN them in on his way to taking it to his show room  yikes yikes

Now come on, even i'm not that stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was livid that the idiot was telling me that was what had happened. Disgusting  :x

#9 20-08-09 16:32:05

hector
Verified Member
Website

Phil, your havnt traded in your mk 5 golf have you? For a toyota?

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#10 20-08-09 20:18:20

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

I'm ashamed to say I have Nigel, had no choice, my instructor needed a car.  Lost £450 in a month   :cry:

.phil.

#11 20-08-09 20:43:17

hector
Verified Member
Website

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#12 21-08-09 17:09:07

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Just to give everyone an update, I emailed the general manager of the garage concerned - a 5 page rant about the whole ordeal, pointing out I'm a good customer and if I treat my customers the way they treat me, I would loose all my business.  Got an email back at midnight saying " thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will need a little time tomorrow morning to look in to this. Please bear with me and will call you before lunch." 

He phoned me at 11 am, said he completely agreed with everything I said, I had been treated very badly, it was totally their fault, they should treat any customer better, especially one who has brought them so much business and has so much more potential business to bring to them, he has given 2 members of staff written warnings because they admitted to him they lied to me about when I could have the car when they knew I needed it quickly, he's sending me a cheque for £300, and next time I'm there I have to let him know so he can apologise in person!

Just got home and the cheque is here  big_smile big_smile

Thats more like it!

.phil.

#13 21-08-09 17:20:31

la.monikita
Verified Member

Good Well Done! wink

Abraham Maslow

#14 21-08-09 17:33:33

hector
Verified Member
Website

Phil
Youve probably put 2 garage workers on the dole now, their children wont get christmas presents, their marriges will break up, kids will turn into wrong uns, their kids in turn will do the same, the 300 quid probably came out of their wage packets, they wont be able to pay thei mortgage.

I can ease your consience, just send me the £300 quid  big_smile yikes

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#15 21-08-09 18:56:01

la.monikita
Verified Member

Phil
Youve probably put 2 garage workers on the dole now, their children wont get christmas presents, their marriges will break up, kids will turn into wrong uns, their kids in turn will do the same, the 300 quid probably came out of their wage packets, they wont be able to pay thei mortgage.

I can ease your consience, just send me the £300 quid  big_smile yikes

Don't be so greedy! Have you not got enough yet  roll tongue tongue

Abraham Maslow

#16 21-08-09 19:54:42

driver69

Sure he didn`t see the threat to burn the place down and the £300 is protection money  :evil:

Just shows it can pay to moan a little to the right person.

#17 21-08-09 20:45:05

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Well it does help that I have a pupil who works on the service desk at the garage, and he thinks I'm wonderfull (and rightly so!), and he told me who to email and exactly what to say  wink wink

Nigel, maybe I will put the £300 towards the fleet course I want to do with you, so in a way you will get it anyways  tongue tongue

.phil.
:angel:

#18 21-08-09 22:25:54

hector
Verified Member
Website

Thats a good idea, ill order the 911 now big_smile big_smile big_smile

Dont give the pupil who works on the service desk any of it, your keeping the b u gger in a job. Why not up his lesson prices to pay for your new polo!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#19 21-08-09 22:28:28

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

new 911... you sick of the old one allready?  tongue

#20 04-04-10 15:46:08

Hale
Verified Member
Website

I dont see how they could promise the car for next day! You cant just get dual controls fitted instantly. They are always booked on advance.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

Board footer