You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 02-08-09 07:47:45

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Peugeot 207 review

I have owned my Peugeot 207 1.6 HDi 90 for almost two years now.

We also run a couple of 1.4Hdi 70s and a 110.

The 90 would be the worst of them all.

What's it like to drive:

The 90 gives a reasonable account of itself, though is prone to appalling ‘hunting’ and surging at low speeds such as in car parks etc, this is not a problem in the 70, though you do lose some acceleration. The steering is precise, gears have a very wide and long gate which is great for beginners, not so good for those looking for a sporty gear change.

Driving position is good with both front seats having height adjustment and will comfortably accommodate persons from 4’2” to 6’ 8”, though the latter for not much more than an hour at a time, I suffer from chronic backache and find the seating in the 207s to be really comfortable and supportive.

The pedals are in front of you unlike the 206 where they were offset to the left, they are still a little close together though that has not proven to be a problem.

Space in the rear is fair, though legroom is limited, the cabin will hold 5 adults at a pinch, so long as none are of the larger variety and so long as it was not too long a journey. Really good sized boot.

Running costs:

Servicing has been very reasonable at around £160 a time, 12000 miles for the 90 and 20000 miles for the 70.

The 90 returns a paltry 39.9mpg with the 70 giving a very respectable 55mpg and the 110 around 49mpg.

Insurance prices are very good, tax on the 70 and 90 is £35 and as I am in the process of trading in I have been pleasantly surprised by the reasonable depreciation.

Quality, practicality and equipment:

The interior has stood up very well to two years as a driving school car, only complaint would be the easily marked soft feel dash top.

Externally the car is quite robust as well.

Well equipped S has air con and all the kit we need though the reversing lights are virtually non existent and we have had to add an auxiliary to the cars.

Average MPG:

As said before The 90 returns a paltry 39.9mpg with the 70 giving a very respectable 55mpg and the 110 around 49mpg.

Would I buy another:

Possibly (I am in the process now) though it would be the 1.4 HDi 70 for teaching in, for "social, domestic and pleasure" purposes then I would opt for the 110.

The drivers of the two 1.4s have just ordered again, one for his third the other her second 207.

The dealership service department however is utterly appalling, shortly after taking delivery of the car there were a few issues that needed sorted, requests were ignored until eventually I spoke to the sales manager who in turn got the service manager to contact me, he then fed me some lies about having sold the spare car and not having one that were exposed within a day when a colleague from another driving school turned up to my house in it!

It had been loaned to him without a spare wheel and he had called to borrow my second spare as he was off to Dublin for the weekend and could not risk it without a spare wheel.

I complained to Peugeot’s customer care department and they did not even bother to reply!

On one occasion they tried to charge £19 to replace a reversing light bulb during a service! Made them take it out again and I did myself it in two minutes for under a quid.

Debugging the air-con was quoted at £60; I did it myself in around 15 mins for under £10

Compared to the Skoda dealership that looks after my wife’s car, this dealership’s service is non existent and dishonest, facts which may just take me back to Skoda for my next tuition car.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

02-08-09 07:47:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Peugeot 207 review

#2 02-08-09 07:56:47

DampDog
Verified Member

Les think I've found you the ideal training vehicle.. big_smile big_smile big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90BduGKuTo

Personally, I think I'd give the Skoda a go, cars are reliable and dealers do well in surveys.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#3 02-08-09 08:02:08

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

tongue tongue tongue

Love it to bits DD.

Shame Dermot Morgan was taken from us so young, the day after finishing the last series.

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#4 08-08-09 15:18:58

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Update:

Just signed for a new 207 1.4 HDi 5 door Verve yesterday.  big_smile

Managed with a bit of negotiation to reduce the payments to a more suitable amount. lol

[IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/BullOnEdge/207VerveRed.jpg[/img]

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 08-08-09 16:06:38

DampDog
Verified Member

Managed with a bit of negotiation to reduce the payments to a more suitable amount. lol

You done a "Farther Ted" on him and have all his money in your accout?...... tongue tongue tongue wink

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#6 08-08-09 23:51:01

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

LOOK! I told you before Damp Dog, that money was only resting in my account, resting I tell you!  tongue

Board footer