You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-07-09 19:55:49

ChelmsfordADI
Verified Member

SHOCK!! Nice SEADI

I last had a check test back in 2007 and only got a 4, which I wasn't that happy with but never mind.

So, was due to have a check test in June/July this year. I contacted the DSA to let them know that I had an operation imminent and would be out of action for the whole of July, thinking that they may move it sooner.

Couple of days later, had a call from the local SE. We had a very nice chat and I explained what was happening. He said that he'd put my check test back and contact me around October/November time which would give me enough time to recover fully and get back in to the swing of things.

Must say I was very impressed and it took quite a bit of pressure off for a few months.

Carl

Driving Instructor currently working in IT Business Support
BUT looking to return to instructing over the next few months big_smile

DSA Approved Driving Instructor since 1998
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver

23-07-09 19:55:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: SHOCK!! Nice SEADI

#2 29-07-09 22:38:45

walsh
Verified Member

They do exist.

#3 01-08-09 18:27:59

Lynne
Verified Member

Hi Carl,

You are in my area; this must be the same SE I've also heard only nice things about.  Good luck when it comes around. 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 03-08-09 18:17:43

ChelmsfordADI
Verified Member

Hi Carl,

You are in my area; this must be the same SE I've also heard only nice things about.  Good luck when it comes around.

If it's the same one I had a couple of years back, he's a really nice guy.

Mind you, I heard such horrible things about Mr Quinn but I found him very pleasant. Shame he retired sad

Suppose it's horses for courses.

Carl

Driving Instructor currently working in IT Business Support
BUT looking to return to instructing over the next few months big_smile

DSA Approved Driving Instructor since 1998
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver

#5 03-08-09 20:29:39

FRANKS
Verified Member

A few years back I suffered from a heart attack, I'd been back in work nearly twelve months when my invitation for CT came. I just could face it at the time. I sent a letter by first class mail explaining that I wish not to do it at this time, but would do it if I must. I followed this up with a phone call to SE(ADI) who was going to do the CT. He was fine about it and told me not to worry about it. I did the CT 6 months later with no problems and retained my grade.

To be honest with you I've never had any problems with any of DSA staff. My first SE(ADI was Trevor Wedge and I can't say anything bad about him. He gave me a honest debrief and help and advise on how to improve my grade. I know a lot of people didn't like him but I think to be honest it's yopur mind set thats the problem.

You get a lot of ADIs slagging of DEs SE(ADI) etc on these forums, just talk to them, work with them, we're all on the same side - road safety.

Right wheres my tin hat!!

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Board footer