You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-06-09 09:14:48

Madhatter
Verified Member

Insurance for Fleet work

Hello.

I am just about to start Fleet work and have looked into my current insurance provision with waveney.

I want to be able to demonstrate driving the client's vehicle but my own policy will only cover my 3rd party. That's all well and good until I crash some chaps BMW 5 Series and loose my house! Also, they won't insure me for vans, apparently, they don't do this at all.

I have a meeting on Thursday for a bigish contract, the company are a motorparts distributor and all have vans. Waveney pointed out that I can drive on my client's policy if they have any driver but small companies may not have this, plus, I'd rather rely on my own policy than theirs.

What do you do? Is it possible to get insurance for me to drive anything fully comp?

Thanks.

Tim

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

22-06-09 09:14:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance for Fleet work

#2 22-06-09 09:26:26

ExAdiNigel

It must be possible because garages drive client's vehicles on their own insurance.

Personally I drive on teh client's insurance.

Nigel

PS  Want any help on that contract? big_smile

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 24-06-09 19:14:31

ralge
Verified Member

I echo Nigel's comments and question, cheekily!

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

#4 28-07-09 20:16:33

barrykenward
Verified Member

Hi Madhatter,

Groupama/Master Cover do exactly the same thing also - THIRD PARTY ONLY - if driving another vehicle not owned by by is mentioned in the policy.

I do work for a large company who have Insurance Cover (up to £50K) for all of their Consultant Trainers and staff.  I also do private fleet work and have the company put me on their temporary employees list which allows me to drive their vehicles fully Comp.

The only other suggestion - although rather tiresome - would be to trawl the major companies to see if your business insurance would literally include ANY VEHICLE comprehensively, but that just might price you out of the market??

Regards,

#5 28-07-09 20:39:13

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi madhatter
Just an opinion, but I would rarely consider driving company vehicles, for example particulary vans, their insurance is getting nearly all third party now anyway ( unless as Barry says you have a policy when working for a larger fleet company from the training provider)
Anything you can do whilst driving can be done from the passenger side, and an actual driving demo if really needed in your own vehicle. Real quality insurance will cost serious money.
There really is no need!

Driving on a clients insurance is a seriously seriously risky business that has little advantage on a training session.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#6 29-07-09 07:29:09

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

I'm with Barry Grainger and I made of point of getting them to add it to my policy (free of charge).
I'm now fully comp on ANY car when I'm doing a demonstration drive. I have a stand-alone letter to prove it too.

BG said to me they were happy to do it as 'presumably you would be driving carefully on a demonstration'.

I'm still not quite sure how to take that comment!

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#7 29-07-09 07:39:48

hector
Verified Member
Website

Bl ee din hell I wouldnt want you driving my car Johnny boy lol, then again with the reg you WOULDNT drive my car   big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#8 29-07-09 13:22:55

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

That's not very nice, son.

You can stick your German cars where the sun don't shine (Manchester, if you've ever been there).

I'll have my American car and my dodgy insurance any day.

Wouldn't it be ironic though, if a fleet trainer crashed a client's car, only to discover he wasn't properly insured!

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#9 29-07-09 17:54:48

hector
Verified Member
Website

Listen Kid if you could afford german quality you would be there like a scouse rat up a drain pipe. Dont make out you want to drive that heap of Ford rubbish, its better than a corsa though  big_smile

Move to German quality there are no substitutes  wink

You and a big executive german cruiser on a fleet course= Collision! Too many toys you wouldnt know how to work  lol

Just realised were trading insults in public. More fun than by text!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 29-07-09 18:15:33

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

Listen Kid if you could afford german quality you would be there like a scouse rat up a drain pipe. Dont make out you want to drive that heap of Ford rubbish, its better than a corsa though  big_smile

Move to German quality there are no substitutes  wink

You and a big executive german cruiser on a fleet course= Collision! Too many toys you wouldnt know how to work  lol

Just realised were trading insults in public. More fun than by text!

Do I know you?

#11 29-07-09 18:21:20

hector
Verified Member
Website

Thought so, I thought you were that Liverpool FC glory hunter but I notice your an ashes cricket fan now. Your barking up the wrong tree there son, more chance of Liverpool winning the premiership than taking the ashes off the Aussies.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#12 30-07-09 09:34:43

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

It's a thinking man's game, son.
You wouldn't understand.

#13 30-07-09 20:51:49

mike@d4q
Website

Hi Nigel, I had an interesting one yesterday. Whilst doing some assessments for a local company, some of the drivers used the company vehicles and a couple wanted to use their own cars. I found I could not take the drivers in their own cars because they were "at work" therefore needed business insurance for me to take them out on assessment. It was simple to resolve, we just used a company vehicle for all of them.

Mike Swift

ADI, Fleet, Skid Car, 4x4 Instructor.

Board footer