You are not logged in.

#1 30-07-09 12:04:27

ceecee
Verified Member

Having further training before next attempt

Hi,

For those who have read my previous post I was unsuccessful in my first part 3 attempt. Just wondering for those that have now passed and were in the same position and with me finding  money tight to pay for a lot of training as my test date is at the end of September how much training did you have before your passed attempt. Did you have family members help out by trying to role play pupils? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

30-07-09 12:04:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Having further training before next attempt

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 30-07-09 15:32:31

DampDog
Verified Member

Posted this some time ago for another thread, might give you an idea of the costs for at least one other ADI who's "Been there." It's not cast-iron by any means, I'm sure some will have taken far fewer hours, some more. The path to the green badge personal thing... big_smile

I never had a pupil in the car before I passed, that's just me, I'd have felt like I was cheating if I'd have taken money from anyone without being fully qualified, but that's just me. Additional to that the odd couple of hours with a training buddy.

I hear what you say about it being a strain financially, if it wasn't for the fact that I took my time and used up every inch of my two years I'd have struggled or found it impossible to find the money.

Just because I'm tight as a ducks arse..

Part 1
£2.50 Highway code
£4.99 Know your road signs
£12.99 The essential skills
£5.99 Focus Theory test DVD
£19.99 Driving instructors handbook
£28.50 Theory Test
Sub total = £74.96

Part 2
£275 (11hours@ £25)
£85 Part 2
Subtotal = £388.5

Part 3
£42.50 Colour file
£20 Visual aid
£1625 (60 hours @ £25)
£85 Part 3 practical 1st attempt.
£ 115 Insurance (difference to change to instructor insurance)

£400 Badge
Subtotal = £2992.5

Stuff
£95 Top box + Signs
Subtotal = £95

Gand total = £3550

That's about £1000 more than I budgeted for; I'm sure there's the stuff I can't remember, I'd imagine there's a few more quid in there somewhere. Plus if I knew it was going to cost that, I'd have had major second thoughts. I didn't use the pink badge route, personally taking money from people before your qualified is not right.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 31-07-09 17:02:12

db1
Verified Member

So the Big Boys have it right when they charge you £3600 for the full course then, not as some people say they are a rip off.

Part one passed 1st Time 06/04/2009 98/68
Part two passed 1st time 23/06/2009 2df
part three           waiting

I.A.M assessor, R.O.S.P.A Gold

#4 31-07-09 17:19:12

DampDog
Verified Member

Don't forget I've included just about everything even the kitchen sink.. big_smile

Cost wasn't the main issue for either, quality training was. Plus, had I not taken a farly big break mid-training due to personal reasons I think I'd have done it in a shorter time-span. That said, spreading the cost did really help me out.

To each his own, trick is finding the way that suits you. That might be paying it all up front, or PAYG, whatever works for you. If you don't count cost of things like duals, insurance, graphics, topbox, badge, etc. That knocks off about £800 so training £2700 ish.

Just thought it might help someone showing everything, it's easy to underestimate the cost.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Board footer