You are not logged in.

#1 28-07-09 13:52:43

ceecee
Verified Member

Delayed success at first part 3 attempt

Hi,

I hadn't told anyone the date of my part 3 but unfortunately today I was not successful. I had PST 2, got a 3 and 4, phase 1 let me down. I will post a write up later

Ceecee

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

28-07-09 13:52:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Delayed success at first part 3 attempt

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-07-09 14:27:21

jay666
Website

Oh bad luck. I hope all goes well next time 3/4 wasnt too far off the mark. Good luck for next time and look forwrd to reading your write up.

#3 29-07-09 08:24:12

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Hi mate

Really sorry to hear that you have had delayed success, sad but you were nearly there.

Really looking forward to reading your write up.  smile

Speak to you soon.

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#4 29-07-09 15:23:51

smartlearner

Ha thats not bad for a first attempt Im sure you  will pass with flying colours
next time

#5 29-07-09 15:43:02

mani
Verified Member

Sorry to hear of your delayed success, take this as a bit of eye opener, and practice more on where you went wrong, hopefully you will do a lot better.
Look forward to your write up. Where did you take the test.
Good luck for next time.

#6 29-07-09 19:34:52

ceecee
Verified Member

Hi all,

As promised here is my write up, apologies for the length. I got to the test centre at Bletchley (Milton Keynes) 15 minutes before as my test was at 12.30. Anyway my name is called out and I signed the declaration I noticed I had PST 2 (Moving off & stopping - phase 1, Meeting traffic, crossing traffic and anticipation - phase 2). I lead the way to the car knowing that I would be driving, he then got into he car and gave me the word picture which was that he has had 1 lesson going over the cockpit drill and controls and his usual instructor was ill and that he was going to be taught how to move off and stop.

So on the drive to the site 5 mins away I talk about which mirrors I am using, when and why. Got to the site, swapped seats and got him to carry out the cockpit drill after giving him the aims and objectives, he got that spot on. Then I asked him a couple of questions to see if he remembered anything about my use of mirrors whilst on the drive to the site and again he got that spot on.

So first of all I got him to practise what we were going to do by going through a dry run. I told him, straight away he put it into third due to not using the palming method, so I said to him you've put it in third, I put it back into neutral then go him to practise gear changes. We carried on from the beginning after ding a successful dry run, he started the engine and we prepared the car. He put the gear lever into first and I praised him, got him to set the gas, but he was setting it too high so I said to him use the rev counter and set it at 1500 revs, that did the trick. Next I said to him bring the clutch up halfway to the biting point and he said how will I know when it's at the biting point so I explained about the engines revs dropping and the sound will be lower, he said oh ok, then he continued to bring his foot up off the clutch and we stalled, so we had to start again and we got it right, so I said now the car is prepared. I said about starting our observations from the left and finishing on the right which we did.

But he started his observations from the right and I said no we need to be starting from the left, so he looked from the left and his feet came off the pedals so we had to start again and when we went back to doing the observations he again started his observations  from the right and got him to start from the left. We did manage to have couple of attempts at moving off and stopping which for his first attempt were not bad. That was the end of phase 1.

Phase 2 was meet, cross and anticipation. He said that he had got his first driving test next week and his instructor was away and he needed to work on meeting and crossing oncoming traffic as well as his anticipation of other road users. So I asked him a couple of questions about each area and the we got on the move. First thing he did was miss a right door mirror check so I dealt with that. Then on the next right turn I saw him what thought was coasting, but in fact he was changing gear whilst going round the corner.  As we drove along I dealt with the fact that he was driving too fast for an approaching bend using the what if phrase as we drove around and asking him questions about the actions of other road users and I think I sorted his anticipation issues. We came to a couple of meeting situations the first one was where we had to give way, but I was proactive on that, the second was where no one had priority but the other car was showing no signs of slowing down and I praised him for waiting, so I think he seemed to have got the hang of  meeting traffic safely.

With the crossing traffic the first time tried to cut across the path of another car even though I mentioned about the pedestrian rule so I asked him why and he said well I had time didn't I? So I gave the fault analysis and remedial action and he didn't do it again. On the way back to the test centre we were waiting to emerge from the junction and there were 3 cyclists around us and he was about to emerge when I gave a very firm wait and he did. I said were you not anticipating the actions of the cyclists and he said no I thought they would give way. I explained that we are the ones who need to give way to the cyclists and he agreed with me and before I knew it we were back at the test centre. That was where phase 2 ended. Waited in the car for 15 minutes which felt like a lifetime. The examiner eventually came out and explained that I hadn't passed. The main reason was that I did not analyse the observation fault in the first phase, if I had have done that I would have got two 4’s Also he said he thought to himself good girl because I was ahead of the pupil but the lack of an analysis was what let me down. Also the fault I thought was coasting where I mentioned above that he was actually changing gear whilst turning a right corner he said I should have analysed that by saying what would /could have happened if you selected the wrong gear whilst turning the corner and I wish now I had have done.

RESULT 3 & 4. Although I didn't pass I am pleased with myself in terms of the fact that I was almost there, but feel a little bit annoyed about why I didn't pass as my trainer had constantly drummed it into me, but never mind I have another test booked for 30th September, but I will definitely be trying for a cancellation as I don't want to wait 8 weeks and have to pay for more training sessions. Apologies for any spelling errors a the batteries in my keyboard are now running low. It's hard trying to remember everything that happened in order to write this write up but I do hope it helps someone out there to be successful. Good luck to those who have their part 3 coming up.

ADI Part 1 passed: 28/03/2008
ADI Part 2 passed: 03/07/2008
ADI Part 3 failed: 28/07/2009
ADI Part 3 failed: 30/09/2009
ADI Part 3 passed:07/10/2009

#7 30-07-09 08:46:11

Cat8t3
Verified Member

That was an excellent write up. Thank you  smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#8 30-07-09 09:25:27

jay666
Website

Great write up and very interesting. Definitely sounds like your nearly there so good luck next time smile

Board footer