You are not logged in.

#1 15-11-08 18:22:56

The Saint
Verified Member

Displaying the ADI Badge when doing Fleet work.

How many of you display your green ADI badge when doing Fleet work? I know the Fleet badge doesn't have to be displayed, but it's a lot of faffing about when you're in and out of several vehicles every week. Not to mention the possibility of leaving it in a vehicle by accident.

I'm sure the DSA would be fairly lenient about not putting it on show (wouldn't they? wink) but I'm not sure.

What do you do?

Did you think you didn't have to choose it?
That I alone could win or lose it?
In all the places we were hiding love
What was it we were thinking of?

15-11-08 18:22:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Displaying the ADI Badge when doing Fleet work.

#2 16-11-08 15:24:04

whodareswins
Verified Member

When doing Fleet work, carrying your Fleet badge with you is sufficient. There is NO requirement to carry OR put your ADI badge on show when training fleet clients.

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#3 16-11-08 16:57:54

The Saint
Verified Member

Don't we have to display the green badge when teaching for reward?

Or am I missing something?

#4 16-11-08 18:21:19

jonnmedds
Verified Member

Theres no requirement to display your fleet badge.
However we are supposed to display our green ADI badge when teaching for money.

As you said though it is a pain in the rear when your in and out of different vehicles and I would be certain to lose it.

Jon

#5 10-12-08 23:20:13

The Saint
Verified Member

Thanks Jon

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it a pain!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 11-12-08 08:27:04

reddragonbus
Verified Member

When doing Fleet work, carrying your Fleet badge with you is sufficient. There is NO requirement to carry OR put your ADI badge on show when training fleet clients.

Percy

Legally you must display your ADI badge when giving training for reward in a category B vehicle. Regardless of the clients licence status.

There is no legal requirement to hold or display a fleet badge at any time.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#7 29-07-09 16:17:09

barrykenward
Verified Member

Hi folks,

If my memory serves me well enough - am I right in saying that without the Green Badge you cannot get the Fleet Badge, therefor it would not be necessary to display a Green badge in a 'Fleet' clients vehicle, but to have to hand (which I do in my folder) your fleet badge; should you be checked at a roadside check and they ascertained what you were doing?  Not difficult IMHO for an 'experienced' someone to realise there may be training going on, (VOSA - traffic cop or similar).

I have just tried to find the answer on the DSA web site but as usual they make it so complicated and unless you are really specific in choice of search words quite difficult to get an answer.

Regards,

#8 29-07-09 16:25:07

jonnmedds
Verified Member

Its confusing Barry.

Theres no law that requires the trainers of full licence holders to be fleet registered, but it's illegal for us to be paid to give instruction in category B vehicles unless we have the green badge.

So really we should be displaying the green badge.

Jon

#9 29-07-09 18:09:30

barrykenward
Verified Member

Hi John,

Can see the logic and appreciate the need to display - but if we are doing fleet and have the orange available for inspection, for anyone who knows about these things (tongue in cheek now) it should not be a problem as you cannot get the orange without the green. That's what I was hinting at earlier.

Regards,

#10 29-07-09 18:24:48

jonnmedds
Verified Member

That would make sense Barry perhaps too much sense for DSA big_smile big_smile

Jon

#11 31-07-09 19:29:28

kevmcfad

This is taken from the letter I received along with my fleet badge:

Display of your Certificate
Please ensure you have your Fleet Register Certificate with you when delivering Fleet training, it is not necessary for you to display it.  However, remember you must still display your ADI certificate in the usual place in the windscreen of the vehicle being used for training...

I'm with you guys - I keep my fleet badge in my case and don't display either the fleet or ADI badge for fear of them getting lost.

#12 31-07-09 22:29:14

mike@d4q
Website

I did 16 assessments on Wednesday all in different vehicles. There is no way I would still have my green badge if I displayed it in every vehicle, I am bad enough with my secondary rear view mirror (which I don't use all the time if the door mirrors are good enough because I keep forgetting it). I would be happy to wear a badge if it needed to be displayed whilst giving instruction. Mike.

ADI, Fleet, Skid Car, 4x4 Instructor.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 01-08-09 10:28:23

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

I did 16 assessments on Wednesday all in different vehicles.

Blimey! Early start? big_smile

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#14 01-08-09 11:54:44

hugh0003

i stupidly lost my Adi badge changing cars it took 2 full weeks to obtain another.as well as a 2 hour wait at my local police station to get a crime reference number .required by dsa .many phone calls a week checking if it had been sent out yet .and not very helpful staff .so if you don't want a 2 week brake hold onto that badge.

#15 01-08-09 14:31:03

Lynne
Verified Member

OK then...what about some of those who train the fleet trainers for their fleet badge......and on that note I shall say no more ... tongue

Board footer