You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 29-07-09 06:08:28

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Toyota Corolla

I'm busy investigating changing cars, does anyone have any experience with Corollas, particularly as learner cars?

Its a 56 plate (one of the last ones) 2.0 Diesel. I'm coming from a 1.0 petrol Aygo, great car but I'm looking for something more exciting. It must be Toyota because the local Toyota garage is so insanely good I've no intention of abandoning them and their amazing customer service.

Ta.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

29-07-09 06:08:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Toyota Corolla

#2 29-07-09 07:02:50

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Can they set up a branch in north Lancashire?

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#3 29-07-09 07:25:42

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Hi hoylakeyaris, how do you find your Yaris? Is it diesel/petrol? I've driven them before (our Toyota garage has a dualled-one ready for instructors who need to borrow it) and I do like them but I'm not overly keen on the inside. I'm probably just being picky.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#4 31-07-09 10:23:28

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rob its diesel. It has good & bad points.

The current one has been less reliable than my first one.

Main engine computer broke after one month. Without car for one month while garage took their time sorting it out. Hired my own DC car as they had not got one.

They've managed to put petrol in it, when it was in for a warranty job.

At 37000 its just had a new battery. Got my local garage to do it as i don't trust the dealership. Cost me £80 though.

As a tuition car its good, don't need a second speedo. However the digital readout can be a pain for test use.

The diesel engine has plenty of torque. Its doing 45mpg on lessons. Most clients like it. Although there is plenty headroom, legroom is worse. My husband is 6ft and just fits. A lad of 6'4" couldn't fit [he was a beefy type]. Strangely now I have a taller lad 6'6" he manages but his knees are at 9&3 o'clock on the steering wheel.  neutral

For the passenger side there is less legroom as track for the passenger seat is shorter. The jack is under the passenger seat.

Unless you slide the rear seats forward the boot is tiny. Then it becomes a two seater.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#5 02-08-09 08:46:19

yasmin
Verified Member

Well. My Yaris is great and I haven't had any problems with it other than after a stall in the early days when the 'engine' light came on. It was re-set and hasn't been a problem since then. I've had all shapes and sizes in it from 6' 4" and almost as broad to 4' 10"! As Sophie says, the diesel returns 45-50mph. I've only done 18,000 in mine so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't see any of the problems that Sophie mentions when I've done the same mileage. My Toyota dealership is good too so I tend to stay with them. Mine is a 3 door and as it's used solely for tuition, boot space is unimportant. As long as the roof box fits in, that'll do me! Hope this helps to balance the view.!

Board footer