You are not logged in.

#1 22-07-09 10:18:38

bezzaboy1978
Verified Member

HELP!!! Advice needed for a desperate PDI......

Morning Guys, I am in a real dilemma and really could do with some advice. This is my situation.... I have failed my part 3 twice now. I took my first one in Sutton with the ice queen and failed miserably even though I knew what I had failed on and they were silly mistakes. The examiner just made me feel sooooo uncomfortable so straight away I was fighting a losing battle. My second test was at Burton and the SE there was great, really nice bloke but again I failed because of the most stupid thing, i set a ref point wrong and he mounted the kerb. I don't know why, I have never done it in training or in practice so I have no idea why I used that ref point but I did and I could have kicked myself. I have put all that past me now as there is no point dwelling on i. My question is do I now do my test for the 3rd time whilst this is all fresh in my mind or do I look for a pink licence franchise? My instructor is very surprised that I have failed and is confident i can pass 3rd time. I just don't want to blow it. Does anyone know if any school is taking P/T pink licences at the moment in the Derby area as I have tried BSM and Bill Plant and they are only taking full time. HELP!!!  :cry:

Thanks guys, a very distressed PDI...

22-07-09 10:18:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: HELP!!! Advice needed for a desperate PDI......

#2 22-07-09 11:34:26

venesh

personaly i think you should go for it whilst its fresh, goin on a pink is nothin like ur p3..........

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 23-07-09 05:13:28

RobC
Verified Member
Website

Dont rush into things at this stage. With two tests failed I would try a few lessons with another trainer as this will give you a second opinion as to whether you are ready for the test.

You may feel under greater pressure this time  so dont take the test until you have regained your confidence and feel that you could pass yourself no matter how confident your instructor is that you could pass.

I dont have any experience of a pink licence. The experience may give you more confidence but it wont improve any faults/weaknesses you may have which you are not aware of and could ingrain any faults/weaknesses you may have neutral.

Rob

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#4 23-07-09 05:58:41

la.monikita
Verified Member

One thing that was very helpful to me was to sit and observe real lessons being delivered by someone else to real learners.
I too failed twice, mainly because I was ill prepared. If they train you on how to teach people to drive you should have no problem passing this test. Ask your trainers if they could find you / allow you to observe lessons, but above all prepare well and don't blow your last chance. You will be under tremendous pressure.
If you were nearer you could sit in my car with lessons delivered in the pst fashion for your benefit.
Whatever you do don't waste your last go!

LM

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#5 25-07-09 20:57:55

Mars
Verified Member
Website

I agree with the comments about going for it while it is all fresh in your mind - Pink Licences are not very useful unless you are well supervised and correcting any mistakes you are making.  Did your trainer have words with SEADI about the examiner who made you feel uncomfortable ?  For other peoples sake he/she should - it just shouldnt happen.

I would get some further training with a different trainer, sometimes a different perspective helps, unless you are happy that yours is brilliant that is. 

Anyway - good luck with it.

#6 26-07-09 19:24:00

scannermanh
Verified Member

Was in the same boat, decided to just keep training till the end of my two years, booked my test as
my period came to an end so took the final attempt 2 months after.
I found the longer I trained the more understanding I got as to what was required and passed.
Third attempt is a very pressure situation so don't rush it.
As for a pink, its a different enviroment and can give you bad habits so be careful. It will take up
a lot of your time just to break even financially, time that may be better spent training.
Read all the past posts on here about other peoples attempts, I found them a great insite
in how to pass.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#7 26-07-09 20:29:04

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

I failed two attempts at part 3 with eight months to go, took a break. Then packed in my full time job a month before my third attempt. This gave me a month to prepare with no distractions from work. On the morning of my test I received a phone call from the DSA (God love 'em) my test was cancelled anyway they sent me a new date about a month later, and I passed.

I probably would not have passed had I kept working full time.

Would I have passed on the cancelled test date? I'll never know.

Giving up work may not be an option for you, all I can say is it got me through.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#8 27-07-09 10:53:00

Aspyre

you've got to be careful because doing loads of prep is no automatic guarnatee of passing any attempt at part 3..... it is always going to be a bit of a lottery on the day.

obviously if you pass you can say it was due to all the prep.... and that probably did help.... but the actual pass was down to the day and many other circumstances.

#9 31-07-09 11:12:42

bezzaboy1978
Verified Member

Thanks so much guys, I will read all the posts and take my time, thanks again peeps!!  smile

Board footer