You are not logged in.

#1 25-07-09 21:15:52

pedro
Verified Member

1st check test looming

Hi all. I have my first check test in 2 days time and im looking for any last minute tips. I have been qualified for 1 year and 3 days and i think im doing ok with it. Im not doing role play and i have a good pupil to help me on the day. I have a lesson planned and a route planned. I havent made my mind up how i feel about the test. One part is dreading it and the other part is looking forward to doing it.  :?. I have been reading alot of the posts on here and feel that they have helped me alot but if there is anyone with any last minute bits of wisdom or tips then it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Peter.

25-07-09 21:15:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st check test looming

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 26-07-09 08:36:28

flipper
Verified Member

Hi Pedro, my only tip for you is to treat it as a normal lesson and DONT stick to the planned lesson if anything goes wrong,rectify those problems [as you normally would] and if youve still time left continue with the lesson.  Good luck hope you get the result you are looking for.                                                                                   

#3 26-07-09 16:06:44

pedro
Verified Member

thanks for the advice flipper.

#4 26-07-09 19:03:50

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

As has been said, do not be worried about changing your goals.

Above all relax and be yourself.

#5 07-09-09 07:34:50

ADI Education
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Ensure you have a clear lesson plan however, as the other advise states you must be flexible with this plan, and at all times respond to your pupil's needs, i necessary change your objectives and under take remedial work. You should also know your area well as you may also need to alter your route if the lesson objectives changes.
Try to involve the pupil as much as possible, good use of the Q & A technique is an excellent way maintaining control yet allowing them to make make a decision and come to their own desired conclusion. If you are teaching a new element then well timed, precise instruction will help the pupil achieve initial success and to understand what they need to do, how they are going to achieve it and why it is important to do it in that way. always transfer the responsibility over to the pupil in response to thei progress.
Hope this helps
Good luck 

I am a former Police Driving Instructor and Ex DSA ADI examiner. My qualifications include: BTEC Level 4 Police Driving Skills, BTEC Level 3 in Teaching Advanced driving, NVQ A1 Assessors awrard, DIAmond advanced test, RoSPA gold, Cardington A. I am a grade 6 DSA Instructor, fleet trained and a Class 1 Police Driver. www.janeclarkedrivinginstructortraining.co.uk

#6 07-09-09 18:40:07

hector
Verified Member
Website

Pedro
Contary to some of the advice above, if you conduct all your lessons perfectly, then just be yourself. If not be someone be  someone  else for the hr who does  big_smile big_smile I never met anyone yet who does perfect lessons all the time and didnt need to make changes for CT.

Remember 93% of ADI's do not do there lessons perfectly (According to the criteria used  wink) The only wisdom you need is Identify/Analyse and correct driving faults! Prioritise this above all else, and of course you can only do this with a well planned lesson using the correct instructional techniques aimed at the pupils level of ability on the correct well planned route.

Plus dont dread it! Just forget the observer is there.

Hope it goes well, your in charge not the examiner!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Board footer