You are not logged in.

#1 13-07-09 17:26:24

Husker

ADI Pass Rates

Hey Guys,

Do ADIs have official Pass Rates, or are they something each ADI likes to keep track of themselves.

The reason I ask this is because I recently failed a test I should have passed (1 serious, 3 minors), not only do I feel as though I have let myself down, I also feel as though I let my Instructor down.

Obviously after a setback like I had I do have some negative feelings, and cant help but think I will end up being one of those pupils that have to take 5 or 6 tests before I actually pass.

I was told to put in for my test as soon as I can, and that there is every confidence in me passing, but I cant help but question my abilities tongue.

Thanks for reading

13-07-09 17:26:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Pass Rates

#2 13-07-09 19:44:57

Jakey
Verified Member

Hi

ADI's may if they wish, obtain details of their pupils tests from the DSA. I prefer to compile pass rates and other information from tests myself, they are more accurate than the DSA's figures usually.

Don't be too hard on yourself for failing with 3 minor marks, you have done very well, the national average for minor marks is actually 9. You certainly have not let your instructor down by failing. As long as you except the reason for failing and work with your instructor to help prevent the same fault occurring next time you will pass.

Good luck

Part 1 98%
Part 2 Clean sheet
Part 3 2nd attempt
First check test grade 4
Second check test grade 5

#3 23-07-09 13:28:22

razzie

Dont worry, I felt the same after I failed my first test (1 serious, 5 minors) and felt like I'd let my instructor down. I put in formy next test straight away and am happy to say I passed the 2nd test. Don't look at it as a failure as you did really well, the 2nd test is not so scary as you have an idea of what to expect. Don't give up, book the next test and good luck!

#4 23-07-09 14:12:10

venesh

how can you say a should have passed????? obviously you made a serious mistake

#5 25-07-09 12:40:46

Husker

Thanks for the replies guys.

The reason i say I should have passed is because my instructor said in his opinion it should have been a minor, and another examinor would probally have marked it as a minor.

From what I have read and seen on the various forums I understand it to be how any particular examinor interprets what is and what is not a serious/minor on the day.

Anyway, I am pleased to say I passed my second test with 4 minors, although I thought I had failed because in my opinion I did something that was worse than the serious I got before.

I think my instructor was happier than I was tongue

#6 28-07-09 06:55:44

razzie

Congratulations on passing the test - welcome to the world of driving.

Board footer