You are not logged in.

#1 07-06-09 07:27:42

arsengod
Verified Member

extending pink license

hi all i have failed part 3 twice and my license runs out next week
i can not get a new test for a couple of weeks also i dont feel quite ready
someone told me i can apply for a extension as long as i have good reason
well my first trainer was just on a ego trip, and my money, but it took me 3 months the relise this
would this be reason enough to apply
i feel i only need a month or so any advice would be gratfully recieved
thanks all :? :? :? :?

07-06-09 07:27:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: extending pink license

#2 07-06-09 07:33:43

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
In real life what happens is you apply for an extension with good reasons,the dsa refuse your application:you then appeal and they turn you down,by which time you have learnt more,hopefully are ready and pass your part 3. :evil:
Peter
ps in the meantime you carry on as normal.

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#3 07-06-09 09:22:13

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

You do know that you dont need to be on a trainee licence to take the part 3 exam, dont you?....

.phil.

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 07-06-09 13:44:47

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Bear in mind that ur not extending ur current lic...ur applying for a 2nd one.
I did this and was granted a 2nd pink...good luck  smile

#5 07-06-09 15:08:56

arsengod
Verified Member

thank you all thats very helpful

#6 07-06-09 17:51:51

Spike
Verified Member

Make sure you get your application in before the current one expires and you should have no problem - just follow what everyone else on here has said

#7 01-07-09 10:48:48

kkell69
Verified Member

Your application must be received by the DSA 14 days before it expires! If it just one day outside of the 14 days you will not be able to apply for a new Licence. I would send it by recorded delivery as proof they received it!

#8 02-07-09 07:44:11

jackm
Verified Member

I was in exactly this position 5 yeaars ago. Was granted a second pink on the grounds that DSA could not provide another test within the currency of first pink.

#9 21-07-09 11:33:55

kath70

hi there,
I'm in the same boat, mine runs out on the 8/9/09 but cant get a test before the 15/9/09.
Do I send them a letter or is there an application form.

Cheers Kath

#10 21-07-09 12:07:36

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Kath...u need to re-apply for a 2nd pink...so fill in the same form u did for ur first along with the fee etc & a covering letter stating why u require a 2nd trainee license

#11 21-07-09 15:41:34

Disky
Verified Member
Website

and remember to fill in the cheque and send that too wink

Board footer