You are not logged in.

#1 25-06-09 16:13:55

destiny hope

question part three training materials

Hi I passed my part two on monday lol and am now looking to start my part three training. I have been on a number of websites that all claim to have the books that will help you pass  roll but I was wondering if anybody could recommend any which they have found most helpful. I have all the DSA recommended books thanks Des. smile

:0) passed part 2 22.06.09

25-06-09 16:13:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: question part three training materials

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-06-09 13:22:51

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi Des.

Well done on the part two. big_smile

There are many many books and courses available, you will need many many pound notes if you want to buy them all.

I favour the [IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/BullOnEdge/part3completecopyGIF.png[/img] available through Grade Six supplies, http://www.gradesixsupplies.com/categor … ryid=37001 this is the book that I used (in its component parts) and that almost all my trainees have used.

Another great help was the Part three prompt cards and of course 'Colourfile' presenter

An alternative would be the very highly recommended 'Smart Driving' 'Instructor's Guide' [IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/BullOnEdge/smartdrivingguide_photo.gif[/img] I have this and have used it to good effect with a couple of my trainees, in conjunction with ' Visual Teaching System' presenter.

http://www.smartdriving.co.uk/Publicati … Guide1.htm

The Grade six and the books mentioned are run and written by Dr John Wells and the Smart Driving is written and run by John Farlam, both of whom are well respected and knowledgeable in the driver training industry.

Pick either of them.

One other book, only available now second hand through the likes of eBay or Amazon is 'Driving For Instructors' by Graham Yuill, [IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/BullOnEdge/Drivingforinstructors-1.jpg[/img] If I were only allowed one book this is the one I would have (it is beside me as I type).

Although becoming dated it is a great resource, I bought them on-line and gave one to each of my trainees, most of whom still hold onto it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Instruc … 70&sr=8-11
(bit on the pricey side there, the cover price is only £8.95!)

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#3 29-06-09 14:37:29

destiny hope

Thank you for your reply. There are so many different books out there that it is difficult to know which ones maybe off some help especially when you can not look at them before you buy but i will definatley look at the ones you have suggested smile. thanks des

:0) passed part 2 22.06.09

#4 29-06-09 19:53:41

ExAdiNigel

Which books does your trainer recommend?  You are usually better off buying the books that fit in with your trainers way of working before you look at others.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 03-07-09 16:45:59

DSPro
Website

For the Part 3 Test have a look at Graphic Briefings.

Use the link below or on the left.

DSPro

#6 04-07-09 05:46:35

ExAdiNigel

You wouldn't have a vested interest in this product by any chance would you DSPro?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#7 04-07-09 14:04:00

DSPro
Website

Yes Nigel, DSPro = Driving School Pro. I thought the connection was so obvious that it wasn't worth mentioning and anyone reading it would be well aware of the situation. (As you know, if I had wished to deceive it would have been quite easy to do so.)

To make sure that I wasn't breaking any rules I cleared the message beforehand with the forums admin on the self-imposed proviso that I would say the bare minimum and not add anything else which might be construed as promoting or advertising.

DSPro

#8 05-07-09 15:03:24

VandADI
Administrator

Just to confirm that DSPro had asked prior to posting, which is why the link is posted in the signature and not in the main body of text  smile

Board footer