You are not logged in.

#1 02-07-09 17:17:53

wolves
Verified Member

pupil record cards

Hi as i am starting Indie, i have some driver's record cards.
Question...Who keeps these cards? do i keep them or the pups keep them, or have 2 cards one for me and one for the pup.
Thank's for any advice.
Cheers paul

Part 1.....100% & 57  passed 1st Time
Part 2.....4 minors     Passed 1st Time
Part 3.....3 & 3         Failed 1st attempt
part 3.....2 & 3         Failed 2nd attempt
part 3.....3 & 4         Failed 3rd attempt
part 1..Round2..96% & 68% passed 1st time
Part 2..Round2..3 minors 1 serious failed 1st attempt
Part 2..Round2..5 minors Passed 2nd attempt
Part 3..Round2..4 & 3 Failed 1st attempt
part 3..round2..3 & 3 failed 2nd attempt
part 3..round2..4 & 5 PASSED 3rd attempt woohoo!

02-07-09 17:17:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: pupil record cards

#2 02-07-09 17:33:09

driver69

When I first started, I gave pupils a card of their own and kept a record myself but I soon found they would either forget the card or loose it completely. I now just keep my own record and let them see it from time to time or if they ask to see it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 02-07-09 19:26:25

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

When I first started, I gave pupils a card of their own and kept a record myself but I soon found they would either forget the card or loose it completely. I now just keep my own record and let them see it from time to time or if they ask to see it.

Same here, discussing the record cards/ progress sheets forms part of the lesson debrief and I just give copies out when required.

Keith

#4 02-07-09 21:15:06

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I found pupils lost there own copies, I keep very detailed records of my own and run through progress and forward planning with the pupil using the record sheets. Often at the start of a lesson as I am checking records, the pupil will enquire about the marking system I use, which is a good chance to discuss their progress. It often reassures them as they seem to regularly have a false perception of making little progress.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#5 03-07-09 08:48:12

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Wouldn't it be a good idea if we had "downloadable" DTT record Cards smile

#6 04-07-09 08:51:59

Lynne
Verified Member

My pupils are quite good with theirs and it's part of their pack so I think it's good they at least start off with one. 

You can get record cards from the DSA site, they're not brilliant but workable if you add some bits and bobs.  Now though I finally made my own up which split things out exactly as I want them.  Took a bit of time but worth doing.  I made my own appointment cards up at the same time. 

I print them off, double sided, on slightly thicker paper and appt cards I get 4 double sided to an A4 sheet then guillotine (?sp) them.

#7 11-07-09 15:13:24

Hale
Verified Member
Website

The majority of pupils are very good and bring it to every lesson. Some loose them or forget, but i just give them a new one and stress the importance to keep it.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#8 16-09-09 22:59:30

lloydie

As mentioned there are ones on the DSA website for both the pupil & instructor,

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Documents/leaflet … ructor.pdf
http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Documents/Leaflets/DR_pupil.pdf

Also as mentioned the pupils always seem to forget their copy!!! - I have also got a slightly different version which I print out in a small book to give to my pupils as part of a welcome pack which they get at the end of their first lesson - this has also worked well as advertising belive it or not, where a pupil had carried their 'welcome pack' around at college before a lesson which was seen by a fellow student who then booked lessons.

"Every little helps" as they say  big_smile

#9 20-09-09 06:59:10

Brockadi
Website

Please don't consider this as 'spam' but online progress reports are getting more popular. My pups get a colour coded chart, graph, lesson notes etc.
Just thought it was relevant to the thread.

Give your learners more, you can now let them view their progress online at www.yourprogressreport.co.uk
Get the progress planner from www.jbadisoftware.co.uk
You can get accountancy software specially designed for driving instructors with forum help from the accountant who designed the software at www.jbadisoftware.co.uk

Board footer