You are not logged in.

#1 29-08-04 01:31:23

jonks

Renault Clio

Do you use a Renault Clio?

If so, tell us what you think about the car...

Pro's and cons of using the car for instruction.

What model do you use? (Eg. 1.4 Diesel)

How much does it cost to run?

29-08-04 01:31:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Renault Clio

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 05-09-04 23:10:46

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

(Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:30 pm     Member- ChelmsfordADI )

Hi all

I have a Renault Clio 1.2

pros :-

Lovely small car, very simple to drive, easy gear selection. Small bonnet. Excellent visabilty out of the back windows for manoeuvres as the back window is low. Very low fuel consumption. Would most definately have another. 

cons :-

If the students have big feet they tend to catch their feet on the dual control bolts as the drivers well is quite small. But they get used to putting their feet lower down the pedals after a few lessons. 

Karen x

#3 05-09-04 23:16:18

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:42 pm    Member DAVE-ADI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on my second Clio, a 1.4 16v petrol. Aircon, 4 airbags, ABS, electric windows & sunroof. Fully adjustable seat. Pupils love it.

Easy to drive, and unlike Chelmsford I haven't had a problem with feet and duals.

The other big plus about the Clio is the 18,000 mile service intervals.
Can't think of any negatives, although I have to travel to the Renault dealer in the next town because my local one is crap.

#4 28-09-07 19:10:12

chrisbakeradi
Verified Member
Website

I use a clio 1.2 and i've been really happy with it and so do my pupils. good visability, good fuel consumption, Ive had no major problems with it and would get another.

#5 22-11-07 23:02:19

sw
Verified Member

Does anyone use the new model 5 door Clio diesel? I'm looking at the 1.5 DCi Expression but if anyone has any opinions on the car it would be nice to hear, particularly on the 5 door version.

Thanks

#6 23-11-07 19:11:21

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi ADI - Whoosh

The car is fine the interior on lesser models is completely hideous -cheap and nasty.

The higher spec models have soft touch interior and are a better bet.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 24-11-07 01:00:59

sw
Verified Member

I've seen some reviews and photos of the interior show it with everything being a horrible beige!

#8 24-11-07 08:21:14

hector
Verified Member
Website

Thats the one i had for 3 days only the expression +

how they can think anyone would want a car with a cheap black hard plastic dashboard and a hideous beige interior god knows.

I made the mistake of looking at the higher model up and thinking the interior was the same. Building a car with 2 different interiors just seems mad.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#9 31-12-07 16:00:29

gazmanw
Verified Member
Website

Not sure if this is a little late!

I have the 1.5 DCI Dymanique.

The performance has been excellent, lessons average around 55MPG.

The interior is good, predominately black, none of this beige!!

I've had two small rattles which the main dealer has sorted out.

The only thing that I can fault is that it has a very high clutch peddle that takes a little getting us to.

Driving lessons in Norwich, Wymondham and Aylsham

www.licence2drive.org/

#10 01-01-08 22:57:45

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

I have got the 1.5 diesel, although it's currently in a bag!!

It's my fourth Clio, first, diesel and I love it, although going for a slightly meatier one next time.  I'd say it's a dream to teach in and the pupils love it.

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#11 07-01-08 09:15:44

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

I have 2 Clio's
1. 1.5 dci 2006 campus had it from new 58000 miles. Great little car pupils love it those that passed in it have all wanted one as their first car.

2  2007 1.5 dci 86bhp expression, again pupils love it very easy to drive. This car has had a few problems. The dash had to be replaced as the dash lights kept going off. Its in today to have the steering column replaced as the steering clonks when manovering.

Asked today about the 60000 mile service for the campus £216.

72000 service £800 ish !!!!!!!!!  soon be time to get rid I think.

http://www.learnnpass.co.uk/

Driving should be fun

#12 04-11-08 17:55:37

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

2007 1.5 dci 86bhp expression 56000 miles
Front driver side headlight gone.
Halfords wont touch it!
Renault said if I tried myself it could end up in having to take the bumper off and headlight out.
If I let them do it it will cost £15 +vat and should take half an hour.
Why do they make cars like this?

Driving should be fun

#13 22-12-08 16:17:52

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

2008 Renault Clio Expression 3dr Dieisel Hatchback 1.5dCi

No problems at all, highly recommend this one smile

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

#14 22-12-08 20:44:58

Phil Motum
Verified Member
Website

I currently drive a 1.2 16V Clio. Expression
Had no problems in it. Pupils find it easy to drive and visibility is really good.
As said previously, lower end model ie. expression is a bit plasticy and no A/C.
Footwell can be a problem if big feet /boots are in there.
I've driven the Deisel and have to say I prefer the petrol models.

For nicer finish and extras go for the Dynamique.

Should be replacing mine next year, I'll be getting another Clio.
Big plus is my wife works in the service desk at my local renault dealer - 1/4 mile from home.

Phil

#15 11-04-09 23:55:27

starpassdrivingschool

the clio good taught in a few the quickest ever clio built is tyhe 3.0 v6 but second to that is the dci new sahpe 86 a really good car very quick with good fuel economy and quicker than the clio 182 which was lets face it terrible. and very easy to drive for learners.

#16 28-05-09 17:04:01

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

2007 1.5 dci 86bhp expression 72000 mile service

£1100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  yikes

Driving should be fun

#17 28-05-09 21:32:14

Target
Verified Member
Website

Ive seen the new 2009 Clio at the showroom.

The external mirrors are a little higher but less width as I sometimes find they stick out a bit. Ive found since using the blindspot mirrors pupils tend to see the width of the car better.

Some nice little qurks to the design make it yet another excellent choice.

Im not sure about expression spec it never seemed enough for my personal use. Having the height adjustable seat and steering really helps, i miss the passenger seat adjustment on this model, it really went back when you needed.

I have one guy must be 18stone and 6'4" and loves the car.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#18 29-05-09 20:09:16

laineb
Verified Member

Hi, anyone have an auto, if so, any pros and cons, thanks

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#19 29-05-09 21:14:16

john55
Verified Member

2007 1.5 dci 86bhp expression 72000 mile service

£1100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  yikes

£1100 really!!

If you can't do it safely don't do it at all

#20 29-05-09 21:21:52

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

Yep really
Just had a quote from an independent garage using genuine Renault parts £625

Driving should be fun

#21 30-06-09 09:04:07

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

24000 service.
Renault £356
Independent £260 using Renault parts

Driving should be fun

#22 12-11-09 12:12:28

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

36000 service.
Renault £255
Independent £115 using Renault parts
Need to change 3 tyres soon.

Driving should be fun

#23 22-11-09 09:31:32

Driving-Me-Mad
Verified Member

I just had the 72000 mile service on my 2006 1.5 DCi. The cost was £707 from an independent garage. The biggest cost was replacing timing belt and water pump. Renault recommend replacing the water pump but lots of bits need removing to get access to it hence large labour costs!

#24 22-11-09 10:54:48

FRANKS
Verified Member

I've use renault since qualifing and now use the renault campus, I've never had big service bills likethe one quoted above. Biggest was just over £700 when I need a new turbo fitted.

I've always changed my car every 18 months - two years so I'm not getting the big milage as some of you are doing.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#25 07-06-10 08:22:41

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

Its insurance time again.

Waveny renewal quote £376

Oval £246

It never pays to insure with the same co. for a second year.

Driving should be fun

Board footer