You are not logged in.

#1 16-06-09 19:26:18

wolves
Verified Member

wright up at last

Here is the wright up as far as i can remember.
Pst 10 MEET, ADEQUATE CLEARENCE AND ANTICIPATION.
Brief in car park...spoke about meeting  anticipation of other road users,
peds, cyclists....asked if he had
done ped crossings he said no.
oh i thought (remembered Blaines video where he asks same thing and speaks
about anticipation of pedestrians on crossings) so i say have you
delt with peds waiting to cross from the pavement he said yes, so i say 
this is anticipation BLAH BLAH.
Spoke about clearence of other vehicles ...door width (forgot to mention
clearance from vehicle infront...but covered it on the move when he got close
to another vehicle).
As we left test centre car park he emerged right from a junction ... did not indicate.so i said pop a signal
on for me he diidn't do it again (make sure you catch anything outside of the pst)

Forgot to mention cars parked on both sides...but covered on the move approaching
vehicles on both sides.
spoke about clearance of vehicles parked on left he said door width as he was close
...got him to steer door width away still did it again.  pulled him over and spoke about door width
and road ahead/behind is clear ...so pull up next to car i guided him and i opened door..can you
see in the mirror where car is ...NO...ok guided to next car stop about there..can you see where car
is in mirrors...YES..thats your ref point.
Also with meeting a van and a car pulled into spaces for us and spoke about 50 50 meet who has priority
what would you do if a vehicle came through, where would you stop..reply you said a door width ..corrected
that to 2 car lengths from parked vehicle. Also another vehicle flashed his headlights ..asked what it meant
and what we where going to do.
Also on the move why we checked our mirrors and if one or more cars behind us we have to look ahead for more than one space.

phase 2
PROGRESS HESITANCY NORMAL ROAD POSITION
Word picture...test in 2 weeks 1st test, Q & A ON HESITANCY his instructor says he is slow at junctions etc
Few q & a
What speed would you drive down this road...er 25mph ( parked cars on both sides)...i said about 20mph
depending on road conditions.
he was TO CLOSE TO GUTTER GOT HIM TO LOOK in RH DOOR MIRROR see where the white line comes into the
mirror...tells me where, same with LH mirror. solved that.

HESITANCY
On approach to roundabouts i asked about what he could see ...when would you go (how many car lengths) he replied about 4.
mainly Q & A at roundabouts what why how where.
hesitant at junction..spoke about when to go.
bit slow in 30mph doing 20 asked about speed limit he replied 30...got him to make progress...."come on on the gas make progress for me".

Sorry thats all i can remember.

Grade 4 phase1 -  grade 5 phase2

CORE COMPS      -  PHASE1   PHASE2
   ID OF FAULTS -   4        5
FAULT ANALYSIS -   4        6
REMEDIAL ACTION -   4        5

HOPE THIS HELPS ...PAUL

Part 1.....100% & 57  passed 1st Time
Part 2.....4 minors     Passed 1st Time
Part 3.....3 & 3         Failed 1st attempt
part 3.....2 & 3         Failed 2nd attempt
part 3.....3 & 4         Failed 3rd attempt
part 1..Round2..96% & 68% passed 1st time
Part 2..Round2..3 minors 1 serious failed 1st attempt
Part 2..Round2..5 minors Passed 2nd attempt
Part 3..Round2..4 & 3 Failed 1st attempt
part 3..round2..3 & 3 failed 2nd attempt
part 3..round2..4 & 5 PASSED 3rd attempt woohoo!

16-06-09 19:26:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: wright up at last

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 25-06-09 19:36:42

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Thanks ever so much for the write up. Its really useful.

Cheers

Jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#3 26-06-09 20:44:49

john55
Verified Member

nice one. well done.