You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 05-04-09 17:39:07

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Re: New shape Fiesta

Keep running ive got long legs ill catch ya!!!....sheeeeeeeeeeesh....<mutters thanks>

05-04-09 17:39:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 06-04-09 16:08:22

confused
Verified Member
Website

OK, still no news on a jack, going to find out from Ford what the options are.

Other than that, no real issues, rear observation is limited but I've found pupils rely on what they saw instead of what they see and tend to reverse better.
Fuel comsumption compared to the old MK7 is pants quite honestly, especially as the back end is plastic and I can't get hold of fully adhesive L plates so the roof box is on.
Brakes - OK the brakes on mine are sh!t. Twice I've had the pedal on the floor, three times the ABS has cut in approaching a roundabout, normal speed,no adverse steering. Ford have tested them and claim they're fine but a few pupils have noticed there's nothing, nothing then bang - you're braking!

Anyone got a jack with theirs or haven't checked?

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#28 07-04-09 11:49:06

confused
Verified Member
Website

OK, for those of you who bought your Fiesta and don't have a jack - it's your own fault, when you order the car there is a check box relating to spare/jack or compressor/foam.
For those who lease, like me, it's the lease companys fault.

Spare/jack is a free optional extra.

However the jacking points are similar to a MK7, the weight is similar, so Ford say a MK7 jack (ebay) is fine.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#29 07-04-09 14:12:15

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Fuel comsumption compared to the old MK7 is pants quite honestly,

My 1.6TDCI returned 62mpg on a journey of 134 miles M and A roads, cruise set at 60mph and averaged 55mph.

A full tank used only on lessons gave 42mpg average of 16mph.

Those are a full 50% better than I was getting from my mk7 1.4TDCI.

Brakes - OK the brakes on mine are sh!t. Twice I've had the pedal on the floor, three times the ABS has cut in approaching a roundabout, normal speed,no adverse steering. Ford have tested them and claim they're fine but a few pupils have noticed there's nothing, nothing then bang - you're braking!

Your brakes haven't bedded in.  Mine were similar until they had bedded in, now the braking is smooth and progressive.

Stopping? Well I've just got back from a PDI training session, whilst travelling at 60mph, a flatbed coming the other way at 50-55mph had a piece of wood split and come towards me. The wood was 3 metres long, 1" X 4".  I STAMPED on the brakes, the car stopped in approx 4 car lengths, ABS fully activated (Mk 7 ABS felt like ABS, on this it felt like rivets scraping the discs and drums, the on/off is THAT quick, the brakes felt like they were grinding), no automatic hazard light activation.  No way would my mk 7 have stopped in that distance at that speed.
I cleared the timber, did a TITR, and caught up with the truck at a layby about 3 miles down the road in time to see 3 car drivers that had witnessed the timber snapping and going ballistic, all giving the driver a right royal education regarding my ES.
He gave a rather sheepish apology and took my advice regarding additional ties to the rest of his load.

Anyone got a jack with theirs or haven't checked?

In all honesty, I've never checked, I only checked if the car had a spare wheel, when I took delivery, but will check later.

#30 08-04-09 13:25:37

confused
Verified Member
Website

1976 miles and haven't bedded in? Don't think so. Pedal going to the floor is nothing to do with bedding in, this is solely down to brake pressure, or lack of. ABS shouldn't be cutting in under normal braking.

I haven't checked whether the tank is the same size but, my refills are 60 -70 miles sooner in the new car, this maybe down to the roof sign but the needle comes off full much sooner.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#31 08-04-09 19:41:11

davidjw

find a motorcycle dealers they do a fully adhesive stick on L for £1.50 , or go to halfords and get a fully magnetic style and trim it to fit .

#32 09-04-09 00:07:20

KevB
Verified Member
Website

If my brake pedal went to the floor, or the ABS was kicking in under normal braking, I wouldn't be driving it. If the dealer then told me there was nothing wrong with it, I'd get the car independently checked including road testing so the fault(s) can be officially recorded and then I'd be parking the car up at the dealers whilst they read the report along with my letter of refund or replacement notice.

I certainly wouldn't be giving lessons in it.

#33 09-04-09 12:23:48

adi dave
Verified Member

How has everyone got round the problem of the Speedo? Are Ford's actually going to develop a remedy, or do we have to buy something?

#34 09-04-09 14:35:53

Carlo
Verified Member

Has anybody had their Fiesta sign written?  As I am working on designs for mine by am finding it difficult due to the lines of the car.  Especially the sides.  Pictures of sign written new fiesta would be great for ideas!  smile

"It's easy when you know how!"

#35 09-04-09 18:50:42

scannermanh
Verified Member

Got a new shape fiesta 1.25, started to missfire at 10.30 this morning
as I picked up a pupil. Abandonded the lesson and headed for my local
Ford dealer, Balhams in West Wickham, was told "Has to be connected
to the computer, cant do it until thursday. Off I went to Bristol Street
Motors, Masons Hill Bromley. Cars everywhere, the service guy says
"Everyone wants their car today but leave it and we will try and fit it
in." Came back at 5.45pm and they had taken the coil off a showroom
car to replace mine, could not have been more pleased.
I am gonna write to both garages pointing out that on the one hand
they have helped out 20 possible customers by getting me back on the road
this weekend and on the other hand have probably shown 20 people how useless
they were.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#36 11-04-09 18:03:40

rusty
Verified Member
Website

How has everyone got round the problem of the Speedo? Are Ford's actually going to develop a remedy, or do we have to buy something?

Spoke to a salesman today ( am considering a Fiesta ) who told me Fords are putting a speedo in the central mounted display in response to the feedback from ADI"s , he didn"t know any more though , anyone else heard this ?

Julian

#37 11-04-09 20:50:58

starpassdrivingschool

who would buy the 1.6tdci when the 1.4tdci is far superior in every way including performance maybe he ticked the wrong box when he oredered the car.

#38 11-04-09 22:29:25

Disky
Verified Member
Website

who would buy the 1.6tdci when the 1.4tdci is far superior in every way including performance maybe he ticked the wrong box when he oredered the car.

Sorry, have to disagree there, i tried the 14tdci and the power delivery was poor and i found myyself going up and down the gears to much. Not got this issue in the 16tdci, but,, thats only my opinion smile

#39 11-04-09 22:34:59

starpassdrivingschool

Post removed by the mods team. If you've nothing constructive to say on a thread other than insults then don't bother replying.

Thankyou.

#40 12-05-09 12:01:28

Bashy

Hi,

I have test drove these twice now (along with loads of other cars). Am seriously considering it!
My main doubts are the view out of the rear passenger windows (5 door) and the price. Is it worth it, it seems very dear, I mean, it is a Ford fiesta!! obviously a sat nav would need to be used for the speedo issue, but that doesn't bother me too much.

Also, the comments on this thread regarding the brakes. I don't want to buy this car and it spend more time in for repair than out earning me money.

I have a test drive today with the Hyundai I20, but I think it will be between the fiesta and the I20 in the end (depends how today goes).

any thoughts??

#41 12-05-09 12:32:35

rusty
Verified Member
Website

I had a look at the new Fiesta about 1 month ago , liked the shape of it but bit too dear for me , I was looking at the 3 door Style +.
I eventually decided to take over the wifes car a 2007 Fiesta 1.6TDCi Zetec with 10000mls on , just taxed it at £35 and its averaged 53mpg over the month.
Visibility is reasonable and I can easlily see the speedo from where I sit , its well specced with leather seats/bluetooth/parking sensors/heated front screen.
Comes with a spacesaver but I got a full size wheel from a scrap yard which fits in the sparewheel bay.
Theres plent of the old shape Fiesta"s about ( up to late 2008 ).

Julian

#42 12-05-09 13:53:52

Carlo
Verified Member

Had my new Fiesta for over a week now and lovin it! smile

I've got the 1.4 Titanium in 5dr.  Nice smooth engine, comfortable seating position and good visibility.  Brakes take a bit of getting used to as you really need to squeeze them to get the anchors working!  :evil:

The car is a bit wider than my old corsa so it's taking my pupils a bit of time to get used too.  But this is a small price to pay!

I went for the Titanium as I got rid of my personal car so went for something more fancy smile.  Just have to keep an eye on those kerbs! (16" alloys - alot of wheel not alot of tyre!!!)  :police:

"It's easy when you know how!"

#43 12-05-09 19:41:43

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Your right about the alloys Carlo.  Just watched a Whatcar podast. They have got a new Fiesta on test. Its ftted with alloys and already one of them is buckled. They went over a pot hole evidently.  Cost £100 plus to replace.    yikes

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

#44 31-05-09 13:48:40

confused
Verified Member
Website

Of those of you who have one with a secondary speedo - does the analogue (dial) speedo work in reverse? Mine does.
Those without, does it do it anyway?

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#45 31-05-09 14:31:22

KevB
Verified Member
Website

A vehicles speedo should show the speed of the car, wether forwards or reverse.

#46 01-06-09 14:11:44

confused
Verified Member
Website

Not true Kev, that's why I asked. No previous car I've owned had a speedo that worked in reverse.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#47 24-06-09 17:28:15

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Took delivery of my new Fiesta 1.4tdci today... Always used a fiesta as my instructor vehicle.

I love it! Drives lovely, like all the new changes, especially how the driver seat is now suitable for my vertically challenged pupils and i dont have to use a cushion for them anymore  tongue

The only complaint i have is that they've done away with the storage on back of drivers seat so i cant fit all my bits & bobs for lessons in.. so the essentials go in the passenger pocket and other stuff in a box in boot.
I was toying with the idea of changing to something other than a ford...but glad i stuck with it  big_smile

#48 24-06-09 18:35:25

Bashy

Binty1968...if I'm correct the zetec and titanium have the drivers seat pocket. It's just the style that doesn't.
At least I hope so as I am waiting for the delivery of my 1.6TDCi Zetec 5dr ;-)

Just out of curiosity, how long from order date to delivery was it for you?

#49 24-06-09 20:04:54

Madhatter
Verified Member

Bashy,
Mine is the Titanium and has the pocket.

Tim

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

#50 24-06-09 20:06:41

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Ah right bashy i see....never mind ill cope  tongue (yes ive got the climate)

Just out of curiosity, how long from order date to delivery was it for you?

Mines leased from Robinsons so alas cant answer that sorry, hope u get urs soon  smile

Board footer