You are not logged in.

#1 16-06-09 10:38:26

driver69

Sincerely, Regards, Yours.....????

Just replying to a couple of emails between lessons and I can never decide what is the best way to finish the email.  Do you finish with Regards or Yours Sincerely or just put your name at he bottom or something else?

Do you finish it differently depending on wether you are turning them away or replying with more details?

What does everyone else do?

In fact while on the subject how do you address the person, Dear ... or Hi ...?

Regards, ( or should that be Yours  big_smile )

Driver67

16-06-09 10:38:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Sincerely, Regards, Yours.....????

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-06-09 16:06:21

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Dear...........

Regards.............

Way i do it....yet when i send a letter i sign it 'yours sincerely'....not sure why i do it differently on an email  :?

#3 16-06-09 20:10:39

Lynne
Verified Member

For 'addressing' I tend to follow the tone they set when hey email me. Hi /Hello gets Hi , Dear gets Dear.. I think it puts them more at ease to feel I'm on the same level.  For ending it's  'Regards' or 'Kind regards' depending again on the tone they've set.

The initial email gets all the blurb at the end of my name ..DSA ADI and all that stuff, phone, web address and further emails are just signed off as Lynne.

Tends to work ok smile

Emails are not the same as letters (I feel) ..they are not addressed and headed and I find it hard to treat them as such unless it really has to be formal, I find it hard to finish 'yours sincerely' unless it's in the part of a traditional letter format as an attachment.  I'm not saying I wouldn't just it's very rare that I do...

#4 17-06-09 08:32:09

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

For me if it's business related then either Regards or Kind Regards depending on wether I'm giving (Regards) or receiving (Kind Regards) anything from the content.
This is the same formula I used when I was in Print.

Regards,

Smithwold.

#5 17-06-09 09:09:55

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

I just say Hello/ Hi...... Thanks for your enquiry..........

Then finish with
....Thanks, Jonny Gibson.

Seems to do ok for me.

I never really think about it, although sometimes they dont actually give thier name, in which case I just start with "hello".

I even sometimes copy and paste their email address into bebo and facebook etc to see if I can get an idea of whether they are likely to be boy racer type or sensible type. ( I know I probably shouldnt do that, but Im just a nosey git)

#6 17-06-09 16:15:00

driver69

So seems it does not matter too much then, I suppose replying with what ever tone they use makes sense.

I have done that with Facebook etc too Jonny. Have to be careful as I said something weeks later to one pupil without thinking and she wondered how I knew about it.  I said she must have told me as if I had said where I had seen it she might have thought it was creepy me checking up on her.  Amazing what people put on the web without thinking.

Board footer