You are not logged in.

#1 13-06-09 11:58:59

New Girl
Verified Member

Being self-employed and having a baby

Hi everyone
I dont know anybody else who is a self employed driving instructor who has had a baby, and was hoping some of you could share your experiences and give me some ideas of how to make it work.
Thanks in advance  big_smile

13-06-09 11:58:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Being self-employed and having a baby

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 15-06-09 21:08:03

adi
Verified Member
Website

Just prepare for some bleary-eyed lessons and going to bed at 9pm to make up for it! big_smile

Also the loss of potential business when prospective clients call and can hear crying and screaming in the background, sounds so professional!! yikes

#3 08-09-09 10:00:29

angel22

Hi New Girl,

How are you getting on with this?

I plan to become an Instructor after I have a baby and there is no reason you can't make this work well for you.
For example, I am sure you don't intend on answering calls when your baby is crying!  Lol. ;-)

I would love to hear if you have gone ahead and how it is working out for you...please don't be afraid to ask for help as we are not all sarcastic! lol.

Best of luck x

#4 08-09-09 13:04:09

adi
Verified Member
Website

big_smile...please don't be afraid to ask for help as we are not all sarcastic! lol big_smile

I am not being sarcastic, it is a real problem. I have two little tigers that go into hyper mode every time the phone rings. Trying to sound professional is a real problem when you have just had to lock yourself in the bathroom to lose the background noise.

This is though the best job when it comes to working around family, you can choose the hours, the trouble is you need to do as many as you can to repair the dent in your bank balance bringing up children.

:afro:

#5 18-09-09 11:19:01

angel22

Hi Newgirl,

How are you finding it?  Hope its working out for you.

x

#6 18-09-09 12:24:04

samds
Verified Member
Website

The phone thing was a problem though.  smile  My girl is 4 now so she knows to keep quiet, sometimes.  big_smile

We found, me, being a driving instructor was handy.
Mrs Smdtr worked 4 days and I worked 3 days (weekends) and evenings managing to do 28 - 30 hours.  When my daughter reached 1 she went into Nursey and I started working 3 full days and 2 half days plus evenings (only Saturday).  Was fine but I missed out on her bedtime and family meals.

Now with the help of my parents I manage to do 5 full days and no evenings (but still a Saturday).

Can't wait to next year when she starts school, it'll all be up in the air come all the school holidays!!

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

Board footer