You are not logged in.

#1 10-06-09 15:11:08

shezhappy

HPT a Money Making Machine for DSA!!!

Hi All

The ADI Part 1 exam costs for me was a total sum of £250.00 because I failed the HPT twice and when I went for the third time the fee had gone up to £90.00 (just as well I passed then). 

During this part of the training I got very frustrated and came up with this conspiracy theory. The DSA did some trials with the HPT and found that few people passed first time and so eureka they had found their golden goose.  The powers that be then decided to add the HPT to part one just to make sure they made as much money as possible by allowing us to take the test as many times as possible unlike part 2 and 3.

Some of you might disagree with me but I think that hazard perception ability should be part and is already part of the Part 2 test. Here you are the real driver sitting behind the steering wheel and not sitting in front of a computer screen half guessing where the car is going to go next.  The hazards you face are for real and your reaction to them are crucial.  Who better then  to score you on this than the examiner sitting next to you watching your every move. 

My conclusion then is that in Part 1 the DSA are taking us for a ride to the bank lol! because after reading most of the posts in this forum nobody seems to fail the theory part. only the HPT. 

Your thoughts please re my conspiracy theory and thanks for reading I just had to vent it and get it out of my system

Have a Good Day

10-06-09 15:11:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: HPT a Money Making Machine for DSA!!!

#2 10-06-09 15:28:20

oldcodger
Verified Member

What???? The DSA (a Government department) out to make money out of us? No, get out of here. Theyt are as honest as a days long. The Government would never try to short change us would they???

ps..... can someone pass me an expense claim form please......... big_smile

#3 10-06-09 16:03:34

Aspyre

for all its faults the hpt is not a money making scheme.

a definite source of sour grapes and anger from those who have trouble with it (and some who learned to drive using oxen tongue ) for sure.... but not a money making scheme.. There are far better ways - failing the practical exams for example.

#4 10-06-09 21:28:34

supps
Verified Member

I have found that it has been useful to have taken the HPT myself. When pupils are having trouble with it, I can help them beacuse I have done it myself. Once you get the knack of it it's not difficult.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 11-06-09 18:17:14

m0bnd

I have found that it has been useful to have taken the HPT myself. When pupils are having trouble with it, I can help them beacuse I have done it myself. Once you get the knack of it it's not difficult.

I agree, I had taken mine in May this year, passed easily with 1 BIG FAT RED X! Just part 2 and 3 to go!  Part 2 booked and that leads me to another question on here else where.
Any way, good luck in your part 2 and 3 also shezhappy.

#6 11-06-09 18:24:49

jem
Verified Member

Taking the HPT enables an ADI to advise a pupil on how to pass the test. However, it in know way equates to real life hazard perception. The whole industry is a shambles. Maybe I'd better start another thread.  yikes

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Board footer