You are not logged in.

#1 06-06-09 18:23:23

jgb1

Insurance

Hello there

My Mum has fully comprehensive insurance and a full driving license.
I have a provisional license - is it legal for me to drive in her car? Or do I need to register my name under her insurance? If so how would I go about this and would it be expensive? I have my driving test coming up and I was thinking of using her car instead of my instructors.

Thanks  :police:

06-06-09 18:23:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-06-09 19:45:43

adi
Verified Member
Website

Re: Insurance

You can drive her car only if:
Your name is added to her insurance (unless it specifies any driver)
The ins comp are told you are a provisional licence holder
You are supervised and displaying L plates
If using it for test, check minimum requirments via dsa website

As for cost, it might be free to add you, or it might cost more than the car itself, companies differ!

hope that helps

Board footer