You are not logged in.

#1 01-06-09 11:58:53

db1
Verified Member

traffic light question

Hi,
Might seem a silly question but i'm not sure.

At a set of traffic lights in Reading I am in the Left lane turning left, the road is also marked left turn, its on a bend and as you turn to the left there is a small road immediately on the left, Then a set of ped lights, how do you signal for this.
The road in question is Southamton sreet just before the flyover

Part one passed 1st Time 06/04/2009 98/68
Part two passed 1st time 23/06/2009 2df
part three           waiting

I.A.M assessor, R.O.S.P.A Gold

01-06-09 11:58:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: traffic light question

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 01-06-09 21:14:49

adi
Verified Member
Website

Can you post a google earth pic so we can see?

It sounds like you have doubt in whether the signal is helping or confusing. If your gut feeling is that a signal looks like you are turning into the side road instead, then maybe it's best to not do so. It's hard to say without seeing the junction or set up.

#3 01-06-09 22:04:23

Aspyre

is it this one??

Southampton Street

if it was me i'd signal to go into the left turn lane as necessary then cancel..... its a dedicated lane as you say and not indicating unless you are going into that small road isnt confusing anyone is it??

#4 02-06-09 05:21:18

FRANKS
Verified Member

If you want the small road indicate left,
If just turning left no need for signal after in lefty only lane.

I don't know the junction or area, just my thoughts

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#5 02-06-09 07:08:42

db1
Verified Member

Well thank you Asprye, that is the junction and I have been doing what you suggest, but was a bit unclear if teaching a learner the right way to do it. 8-)

Part one passed 1st Time 06/04/2009 98/68
Part two passed 1st time 23/06/2009 2df
part three           waiting

I.A.M assessor, R.O.S.P.A Gold

Board footer