You are not logged in.

#1 30-05-09 14:56:35

krismcmillan
Verified Member

Part 3 Failed

I failed my part 3 on Tuesday. Got PST 6  - Partly trained - Pedestrian crossing and the use of signals not enough fault analysis and remedial action got a 3. Also the Phase 2 – trained reverse parking, not enough fault analysis and remedial action got a 3.

So I'm wondering do I need more lessons with him, or can I do some private practising and then retake my test.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Kris

Part One: Passed 21/06/08
Part Two: Passed 9/10/08
Part Three: Failed 26/05/09

30-05-09 14:56:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 Failed

#2 30-05-09 15:20:43

DampDog
Verified Member

You need more training..

The big problem with just practicing as opposed to training is there's a big danger you just practice doing it wrong. What are your trainers thoughts, did he think you were ready?

Did you know you'd failed, if you knew you'd got it wrong you shouldn't be far off. If it came as a suprise you can't be close can you?

Just out interest how many hours have you done?

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#3 30-05-09 16:39:23

krismcmillan
Verified Member

Yes, I knew that it was close to either being a pass or a fail.

I had 48 hours training and my trainer did ask if I was ready, and I said yes.

Part One: Passed 21/06/08
Part Two: Passed 9/10/08
Part Three: Failed 26/05/09

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 30-05-09 17:00:27

DampDog
Verified Member

I think that's the wrong way round Kris, hopefully your trainer should be the one with all the experience. He should be telling you when he thinks you've reached the required standard. He shouldn't be advising you to "have a go" because you feel ready, unless you both agree you're at the standard, remember 3 strikes and you're out.

That said it easy for test day nerves to get the better of us and empty our brains so we miss stuff and talk gibberish. Keep working for it, I'm sure you'll get there. Good luck for your next attempt.

DD

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 30-05-09 20:40:41

evanadi

Yes, I knew that it was close to either being a pass or a fail.

Strange that your trainer asked you that. If you go to the doctors do you diagnose your own ailment??

Sounds as if your trainer had doubts and was trying to alert you.

Get a load more training before the next one, more is always better than less. Good luck. Ev

Board footer