You are not logged in.

#1 29-05-09 14:54:42

db1
Verified Member

Car for part two test

Hi, I have a Ford Focus 51 plate, it's a little old and creaks a bit, but it has just been through an mot with new tyres disc's and brakes fitted, is there a standard that you must have ( by the way it will not be the car I would use for training a pupil in ) or would it suffice, TIC have told me they do NOT like to use their cars, if you do they will charge sixty pounds for the hour Test.

Part one passed 1st Time 06/04/2009 98/68
Part two passed 1st time 23/06/2009 2df
part three           waiting

I.A.M assessor, R.O.S.P.A Gold

29-05-09 14:54:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Car for part two test

#2 29-05-09 15:11:12

DampDog
Verified Member

So long as it's clean and well maintained it will be fine, certain coupes and a like aren't allowed but your Focus will be fine. Did mine in a Polo about similar age. No reason why you couldn't use that to teach in, assuming you get duals fitted.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 29-05-09 15:34:06

VandADI
Administrator

If you are concerned about the vehicle requirements for the part 2 test (and even part 3) check out the businesslink.gov.uk website :
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac … 1082124222

#4 29-05-09 18:14:41

db1
Verified Member

Thanks for the replys, I should be ok in my car now, just need a spare wheel I got a space saver in mine

Part one passed 1st Time 06/04/2009 98/68
Part two passed 1st time 23/06/2009 2df
part three           waiting

I.A.M assessor, R.O.S.P.A Gold

#5 29-05-09 18:47:10

Luchell
Verified Member

I was on the verge of using my horrendous and old peugeot 106 N reg which 5 years ago had seriously seen some better days! Thankfully my trainer and I agreed to meet as usual and i could make my last minute decision to pick between his astra and my poor old car. I really wasn't sure still because the visability in mine at the time was so much 'nicer'.

Finally the day came and I was still not 100 percent decided, then it happened. My car decided i should use my trainers thanks to it's brake warning light coming on as i pulled up next to my trainers astra   roll lol So i took that one and passed with 2 faults  lol

Board footer