You are not logged in.

#1 18-05-09 14:07:59

gman

Part 3 fail

Went for my part 3 first attempt today with the usual exam nerves, went into the test centre and took a seat praying that i would get an easy pst, anything but pst 6 or 10. So out came the examiner with the sheet to sign had a look and noticed pst 6 (my heart sank) i thought this couldn't possibly get any worse! then the supervising examiner popped out and said he would be joining us but not to worry as he was testing my examiner.( f****** gutted). So went through the briefing etc and got on the move. Crossing after crossing after crossing, never ending mistakes with signals,speed on approach, mirrors etc. Then he asked me to do the hand signals and made a mess of them to. By this time i knew i had failed and was just praying for a bit of mercy, constantly watching the clock, thought at times it was going backwards.

Phase 2 went better but was still a disaster and ended up with a 3/3.

The thing that got me was how fast everything happened and the varience in errors. This is not like the real thing not by a long shot. I even noticed at one point the guy in the back had a big smile on his face when the  examiner was playing silly ??????. As if it wasn't hard enough eh.

All in all a horrible experience

18-05-09 14:07:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 fail

#2 18-05-09 15:26:01

driver69

Sorry to hear, been there done that, got the mental scars  smile  I know it is hard, but try not to dislike one subject over another or, as you have found if you do get one you don`t like you are already mentally prepared to fail before you get into the car.

Why does the part 3 leave so many shell shocked?  I felt that way on my first attempt and I watched a girl in the test centre return from part 3 a couple of weeks ago and she looked totally shocked, it honestly looked like she had been in an accident. It should not be a horrible experience and in fact when you pass you will probably actually enjoy that one.

Good luck for next attempt.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 18-05-09 17:01:51

john55
Verified Member

went into the test centre and took a seat praying that i would get an easy pst, anything but pst 6 or 10.

sorry to hear that Gman. if you have a fear of certain PST's then you probably weren't ready. Did your trainer advise you to go for test knowing you weren't comfortable with PST's 6 + 10? If so i wonder why.

3-3 doesn't sound too bad. At least now you've experieced the thing and maybe nerves won't play as much of a part for your 2nd try. 

If you can't do it safely don't do it at all

#4 18-05-09 17:14:52

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

I can sympathise with how you are feeling.  The drive home after is the worst part. Was for me anyway.
I blew my first attempt mainly through nerves. Got PST 10, the only one I didn't want out of preference.

I certainly felt ready and my trainer was the same.

2nd attempt was a different ball game - I knew I was ready.

All the best for your next and final attempt.

#5 19-05-09 16:40:54

supps
Verified Member

Don't get hung up on which PST is which .  Just treat the part 3 as a normal lesson being totally aware of what errors the SE can throw in . They are all exactly what a pupil would do but not, perhaps, all encountered on one half hour lesson.

It does appear as if you weren't totally prepared for your Part3 - make sure next time that you don't retake until your confidence is high and you know that you can give a good lesson on whatever PST you get .

#6 19-05-09 22:43:31

june315
Verified Member

As Supps says treat your pt 3 as a lesson. I have had to learn the hard way and last week I had a lesson with an extremely quick learner ! The pst is a framework with the areas you need to cover you must relax, be yourself and excel in the core comps - what why how . Everything comes to those who wait - I should know!

22/06/07 - part 1 - 93% 64
31/07/07 - part 2 - passed 3m
11/05/09 - part 3 - 4/4

#7 28-05-09 13:09:10

bezzaboy1978
Verified Member

Fingers crossed for your next attempt, sure you will be fine!!  big_smile

Board footer