You are not logged in.

#1 21-05-09 21:59:48

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

i took my part 3 today

an failed  sad i got pst 1 ( the one i was hoping for) and got a 4-2 (oh the shame).

phase one controles

ok we walk out the tc and i get straight in to drivers side so far so good. gives me the scenario first lesson blah de blah call me mick. so i drive to suitable area explaining on the way about use of mirrors and push pull steering all going well so far. get to area i pull up on left tell him were at the spot and in a mo we would be changing seats and how to open door correctly ie checking mirror and blind spot and not to touch any thing after which he jumps out and tries running round the front of the car i stop him and tell him no we go round the back and explain why. so he double quick runs round the back and jumps in before i get to passenger side. HA fooled him i remembered to take the keys no flys on me eh. so i set off on the cockpit drill doors dont correctly so we move on to seat no probs there steering again no probs seat belt darn he got me i failed to notice he had twisted bottom part going across his lap darn. mirrors again no probs. so we move on to the foot controles i start in the logical place the gas he kept trying to press the brake so i kept having to put him straight i tell him that we pivot between the gas and break so he tries it with the brake and clutch ( i get the feeling we in for some fun here) and he kept pressing the brake with his left foot finally corrected him on that and go in to the clutch guess the first thing he did.... you got it straight on with the right foot corrected that just in time for him to call time an phase one.

phase 2 crossroads

oh where do i start ok we set off and straight on to first cross roads he gets me to get him to turn left straight in with first fault way too fast so i try get him to slow down for the next one. nope he didn't do it also this time wrong gear he also out of sink with mirrors signal try to put that Right on the move no avail still constantly in wrong gear then he starts going wide on left turns and coasting round the corner not wanting to be pulling him over ever 2 Min's i try to deal with it on the move ( foolish thing with retrosect i know)anyway things just carry on until end of the exam what was i doing wrong? well i was giving instruction retrospectively was asking after he done something wrong ie what gear should we have been in for that last junction . instead of on approach asking what gear do you thing we need to be in for this junction  or what position do we need to be in here.

so in summarisation phaseone i was happy with  phase two i just want to forget  but at least i have one under my belt  and will be better prepaired for it next time

21-05-09 21:59:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: i took my part 3 today

#2 25-05-09 18:03:00

mazmw

arr never mind better luck next time

#3 25-05-09 18:05:08

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

cheers booked in for the 29th june fingers crossed

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 25-05-09 18:08:07

jay666
Website

A 4 for the first phase so not all bad. Good luck for next time!!

#5 25-05-09 18:11:57

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

thanks though still very dissapointed with a 2

#6 25-05-09 21:23:49

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Bad luck  sad

Unfortunately sometimes we have to fail to succeed...and u can learn alot from your result & go on to nail it next time!

Good Luck  big_smile

#7 25-05-09 22:07:27

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

thanks i feel a lil more confident now i know what to expect and got to get in the swing of being proactive not reactive

#8 28-05-09 13:04:11

bezzaboy1978
Verified Member

Best of british for next time matey, I'm sure you will learn from this experience and you will sail thru next time!!  big_smile

#9 28-05-09 13:06:19

deathis@hotmail.co.uk

thanks already feeling alot more confident

Board footer