You are not logged in.

#1 27-05-09 23:32:03

peagal
Verified Member

Honda Jazz 1.4 se or Mitsubishi colt cz2 1.3

Hello All having eliminated a lot of small cars due to my eldest son not fitting into them with him being 6'4 and having a size 16 shoe I find myself looking at these cars the Honda jazz and the Mitsubishi colt both cars I have test drove and I do like both of them. The cost of the jazz is higher but the running costs look on paper lower than the colt. Could you please give any thoughts as I'm having a difficult time deciding between the two. Also as a third choice the new fiesta is ok if that is a better car this will be my first teaching car so would like any feedback good or bad about any of the above cars thank you.

27-05-09 23:32:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Honda Jazz 1.4 se or Mitsubishi colt cz2 1.3

#2 28-05-09 07:34:05

hector
Verified Member
Website

Jazz by a trillion miles.......

In a different league to the other two

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 28-05-09 10:22:13

kaf
Verified Member
Website

I have a 1.4ES Jazz and it is in my opinion the best small car on the market.

No small car is perfect, but overall it takes some beating.

You can buy the first 5 services for a little over £500, reliablity is second to none and a 90,000 mile warranty.

Residual values also hold up better than most.

Has your sone tried sitting in the passenger seat of the Jazz though?

If he is likley to spend a lot of time there, be aware that there is a bit less leg room on the passenger side than on the drivers side.

#4 28-05-09 10:47:25

peagal
Verified Member

Thank you for the replies so far I will have to get my son to try the passenger side as I have been consentrating on fitting him in the drivers side. I've been trying the passenger side as that is where I will be spending a lot of time I hope teaching. Again any more comments good or bad welcome.

#5 29-06-09 14:56:54

tiber
Verified Member

Probably a bit late to help but I hope you didn't buy the colt.
I've got one and it is a dog.
you feel every little bump in the road . terrible road noise and the interior just creaks and rattles all of the time and as for the A frame. It was a good financial buy but as someone who enjoys cars. Never again

#6 01-07-09 21:01:49

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I'd go for the Jazz, I gather the Colt has expensive parts (clutch about a £1000 according to another instructor). Regardless of that I'd definately opt for the Jazz, great car!

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

Board footer