You are not logged in.

#1 19-04-09 08:51:20

cawl

Hi new pdi

Hello all just saying hi .
I have been reading the board for a while but my first post. I'm going to take the plunge and start training so any advice would be good. I'm in the north east so any recommendations of trainers thanks > big_smile

19-04-09 08:51:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi new pdi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 19-04-09 09:24:12

jlo31
Verified Member
Website

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure some others will be along to recomend suitable trainers.

At the moment I am training for part 2 and am training on a pay as you go basis direct with a Ordit registered grade 6 ADI.

There is loads of advice on this forum which I am sure you will find useful (At least I have found it useful)

Best wishes

Jlo31

RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction
IAM Motorcycle
DSA ADI (Car)
DSA Fleet registered trainer (Grade 5)
www.PrecisionDriverTraining.co.

#3 19-04-09 09:35:52

ExAdiNigel

How far North?

There is Nigel Dawson but he is more Midlands and there is Dave Hartley(?) of Dash Driving in Beverley.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#4 19-04-09 09:52:24

Johnstone
Verified Member

Only advice I can give from personal experience is to go with an ORDIT registered trainer, I spent a lot of money with a non-ordit trainer and although the training was good, it was, in my opinion not quite at the standard required to become a competent instructor.
You are making a big investment in your future, so you want to get it right at the early stages.

#5 19-04-09 16:10:46

cawl

Hi thanks for your replies I'm right in the north Newcastle / Sunderland area . No cash spent as yet but asking lots of questions.

#6 20-04-09 11:33:21

yasmin
Verified Member

Welcome to the forum Cawl
Have a look at LDC based in Pontefract but trainers around the country. Ordit registered of course and various packages available.

#7 20-04-09 12:50:33

cawl

Hi thanks a great looking web site anyone with any experiances of ldc. thanks in advance.

#8 21-04-09 08:06:01

yasmin
Verified Member

Hi cawl; I'm with LDC and take a look at the posts by Snaxmuppet who has just started training with them too. He is doing a blog about his training which may give you an insight. I can recommend them for many reasons so if you want to PM me then feel free!

#9 21-04-09 12:05:12

cawl

Thank you my free pack came this morning still unsure of fees (not clear)with them also there trainers are they ldc or subed out  trainers ? im going to talk to few local trainers see whats hapening local . Big differance in fees im geting £4500 to £1500 .Im still looking and asking thanks again.

#10 21-04-09 12:56:36

yasmin
Verified Member

I'm back again having been out teaching! As far as I know, all the trainers are with LDC (mine certainly was) and are usually trained by them too. When I trained with them, there was the option of PAYG or the lot up front. Also to consider at some point are the perks regarding training cars and franchise schemes. That's where Snax can probably help you---- I paid up front and bought my own car so I don't know much about the other side of the coin.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 26-05-09 16:11:52

ExAdiNigel

....As far as I know, all the trainers are with LDC (mine certainly was) and are usually trained by them too....

I was under the impression that the trainers are on a Franchise with LDC (as opposed to employed) as they are with most other organisations so, in that sense, the work is sub contracted out.  BSM used to employ their trainers but I believe that has now changed.  The only company I know employs trainers is TIC.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer