You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-02-09 23:22:58

Louisa
Verified Member

I booked my own 1st check test today!!!

Evening all,

I ve been working myself up about my first check test since i pasted.... this was a year last September!!! God knows why, but i rang up the DSA and booked myself in... even the woman on the phone said she d never had this before.  I ve got to a point where i'd prefer to know than expect a letter coming through every day so i can get focused and prepare.  Im sooo crap with nerves its unreal, dont know how i passed my part 3 first time when after 15 months of qualifying im still a wreck on tests even though i ve had 10 out of 12 pass this year (I do explain to my pupils just how bad i get, seems to chill them which is strange).  Anyhow now its booked i know its going to play on my mind til the day, the woman on the phone said not to panic and that were here to help and not "catch you out" and if i wanted the SE ADIs number i could speak to him nearer the date to have a chat which has made me feel a lot better... DSA not all that bad then smile

Ive always made my mind up about doing role play rather than a pupil, i just really want to enjoy the experience rather than sh*t myself and not show my true colours!!!

Im wishing i never rang them now, could have waiting a few years   roll   roll   roll

Louisa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PXGn42tCbc

This is what qualifying as an ADI makes you do!!! smile yes its me smile

www.drivingschoolsloughborough.com

23-02-09 23:22:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I booked my own 1st check test today!!!

#2 23-02-09 23:35:31

copsecavaliers
Verified Member
Website

Hi Louisa,

Your nerves must be bad, as your normally good spelling is a bit off! presumably you meant passed?

From a personal point of view I would take a pupil, more like real life and not part 3 that way, but I am sure a lot would disagree.

Good luck, I am sure you will do ok!

Alex

#3 24-02-09 07:54:35

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Good look Louisa, I took mine within 4 months of passing part 3, I took a pupil too.

At least when you've done it you'll have peace of mind for some time.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#4 20-05-09 16:11:28

copsecavaliers
Verified Member
Website

Have you had your check test yet and how did it go?

Alex

#5 20-05-09 19:12:07

Louisa
Verified Member

Hi Alex,

Yeah it went ok thanks, i got a 4 and was extremely pi**ed off with it.  Im in the process of deciding whether to appeal or not, bit of a long story but i give you the idea.......

All was going absolutely fine and i had about 10/15 minutes left so decided to do this junction to waste time.  I pulled her over and explained how we'd done this junction a few times so i'd Q & A and show her the laminated google page ive got of this junction etc (Turning right from a junction over a dual carriageway) and said id let her deal with on her own etc etc anyway she did what id expected and all seemed fine.

On the debrief he explained everything and basically said i have to be given a 4 as id explained the junction/poistioning etc wrong else it would have been a 5. The junctions a pain in the a*se, theres giveway lines for people approaching from the left although they re sooo faint in unreal plus theres no giveway signs etc so i never knew people had to give way, 99% dont and most do u turns instead.  Sounds complicated but you have to know it to understand it. He said he'd have a word to the TC Manager about it when he saw him next.

Anyway a day later i went to the TC and walking back to my car the TC Manager asked for a word and said he'd spoken to the SE and that what i was teaching is correct and what i got my pupils to do is what he'd expect on test so im a bit confused.

I just wished i'd not done this blo*dy junction and have got an easy 5. Oh well!!

Louisa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PXGn42tCbc

This is what qualifying as an ADI makes you do!!! smile yes its me smile

www.drivingschoolsloughborough.com

#6 20-05-09 19:31:44

copsecavaliers
Verified Member
Website

Do you think you will get any joy with a complaint, at least you know for next time!

Who was the SE?

Alex

Board footer