You are not logged in.

#1 20-05-09 12:09:16

FunkyG

Would I be able to become to become HGV instructor?

Hi,

I have held me HGV licence for 10 years and when I passed it I was the only person in the country to pass the test without a single minor (or major) fault.

I currently have 3 points on my licence for driving while on the phone which I got 2 years ago.

I have been thinking about becoming an HGV driving instructor but don't know if my points will go against me. I also don't know how to go about finding out more information.

Can anyone recommed a website or company that would be able to answer all my questions (do the points matter, how much will it cost, where can I do the training etc)

I live in Suffolk/Essex but can only find companies based in Cardiff that do the training.

Thanks.

Funky

20-05-09 12:09:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Would I be able to become to become HGV instructor?

#2 21-05-09 04:44:10

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Buy yourself a lorry and advertise yourself as a HGV training school, there is no formal qualification other than holding the licence for 3 years.

There is a voluntary register run by the DSA but there is no requirement to be on it. (at the moment).

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 28-07-09 22:04:55

barrykenward
Verified Member

Hi funkyG,

If - as - and when the IRDT - (Integrated Register of Driver Trainers) becomes fully operational - i.e. ALL driver trainers become ADI's, the DSA will look at someone being FIT & PROPER even with SIX points on their licence.

By the time the IRDT is fully functional - yours will be gone!

Regards,

Board footer