You are not logged in.

#26 19-05-09 14:32:12

may
Verified Member

Re: 1st Test Check looming!!!!!

Thank you. It is my first one.

I made the mistake on my part 3 not pulling up enough but i don't think twice doing it with a pupil.

I have just ordered the instructor guide.

I need to improve my q&a, i don't use it alot as asking any question other than "is monday ok?" or "have you got the money?" seem to be met with a noise(if it can be called that) or a look of confusion(which is constant on some of my pupils faces and with some mine too) so i have let it slip.

19-05-09 14:32:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 19-05-09 16:00:26

samds
Verified Member
Website

I have just ordered the instructor guide.

I need to improve my q&a, i don't use it alot as asking any question other than "is monday ok?" or "have you got the money?" seem to be met with a noise(if it can be called that) or a look of confusion(which is constant on some of my pupils faces and with some mine too) so i have let it slip.

Good that's the first positive step, money well spent. 

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

#28 19-05-09 20:49:01

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Q and a is hard work. Make it simple though, think why you are asking questions?

They should be to check existing knowledge or skills, or as a coaching prompt.

Eg turn in road, after talk through, prompted may be done with q and a. How are you going to start the manoeuvre? What observation are going to do? Where are your reference points?

Of course at the trained stage, coaching the manoeuvre, you might ask... How do you think you could improve that manoeuvre? What would you give yourself out of 10 for observation on that? Do you feel that manoeuvre was safe?

We might also use q and a to help a client through a difficult hazard... Positive instruction, what are you thinking about? How do you think you could improve this approach to the junction?  When are you going to get your gear?

How far ahead can you see?

Point out 2 hazards ahead.

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#29 19-05-09 22:41:30

standon11
Verified Member

on the original topic posted by the bouncer.in my opinion c/t test is nothing like pt3.personally i chose role play & will do it every time.examiner was great,relaxed me & unlike my pt 3 i found her mistakes far more realistic & relative to the word picture she gave me,more subtle errors if that makes sense,which made it far easier to fit into the role,nothing seemed over the top like pt3.on my pt3 i found everything way over the top which in turn made it hard for me to slot into the role.

i was as anxious as yourself waiting for my c/t,i managed to escape it for 2yrs before it came but having been through it & coming out with a good grade my advise is be yourself,give a lesson as you normally would,don't do what you think the ex wants to see just do what's best for your pupil,be prepared to change your original lesson plan if things outside your plan start to go wrong,don't just plod on.remember the examiner really is there to help & advise you on how to maintain a good standard of instruction,something that can only be a good thing for your business.they are not there to take away your hard earned badge they want you to keep it.

relax & enjoy it,well enjoy it might be asking a little to much but relax.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#30 20-05-09 06:16:20

may
Verified Member

Q and a is hard work. Make it simple though, think why you are asking questions?

They should be to check existing knowledge or skills, or as a coaching prompt.

Eg turn in road, after talk through, prompted may be done with q and a. How are you going to start the manoeuvre? What observation are going to do? Where are your reference points?

Of course at the trained stage, coaching the manoeuvre, you might ask... How do you think you could improve that manoeuvre? What would you give yourself out of 10 for observation on that? Do you feel that manoeuvre was safe?

We might also use q and a to help a client through a difficult hazard... Positive instruction, what are you thinking about? How do you think you could improve this approach to the junction?  When are you going to get your gear?

How far ahead can you see?

Point out 2 hazards ahead.

Thank you for that. my trainer sat in a lesson last night and said i lost a bit of control by not using q&a. He said that is really my weak point. When i was training it was talkthrough and had no problem with questions but i seem to have worked so hard to improve my talkthrough i've let questions slip. I found i had the questions in my head but they never came out of my mouth!
Im going to do a lesson where i just ask questions, hopefully that will improve the situation.

Board footer