You are not logged in.

#1 19-05-09 19:34:18

laineb
Verified Member

hyundai getz auto

Hi, does anyone have the above car, or does anyone have any info, good or bad, looking at them on internet today, and was wondering if there are any common probs with this car, many thanks for any answers,

19-05-09 19:34:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: hyundai getz auto

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 19-05-09 19:48:20

samds
Verified Member
Website

A colleague has used the manual and now the auto and swears by them.  Cheap and cheerful.  I think the indicators might be on the right.

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

#3 19-05-09 20:29:03

laineb
Verified Member

thank you smtdr, for info and a very quick reply

#4 20-05-09 19:12:08

AlphaBob
Verified Member

I cant comment on the auto version but I use a petrol Getz manual 1.1 which I have had for almost two years.  I have done 38000 miles and it hasn't missed a beat.  Had problem with the clutch at 20000miles was still perfectly driveable though but they replaced the pressure plate under warranty.  The Hyundai dealer I use always has a dual controlled car available when its due for service.

Pros - Cheap to buy, Reliable, good visibility, clear controls

Cons - 1st gear very sensitive easy to kangaroo, high clutch pedal, common with getz model (obviously this does not apply to auto's) could do with more leg room in both driver and passenger seats, front indicators on right not really a problem only when pupil has own car with indicators on left, then we get a few wipers going on now and then. 
1.1 a little under powered.
Servicing every 10,000miles.

Having said all that it has served me well, The Getz is certainly a popular school car in our area. I am thinking of changing it in the not too distant future.  Considering a Hyundai i20 1.2 petrol, good reports on this model. I have seen three being used locally, seem to be going well.

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

#5 20-05-09 20:22:30

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Taught in a Kia Picanto auto for two years and currently drive my daughters one occasionally (she bought it cos she loved mine)

Getz and Picanto are essentially the same car with different body panels, all engines and running gear are the same, internally the cars differ only with the badge on the wheel.

Best little car I have ever had, when I had mine my wife had a BMW 525 auto, she would wait until I was using the manual school car to go out shopping so she could use the Picanto, her current car is a year old now with 5000 miles on the clock, cos she always uses daughter's car.

In the first year in my school car 5 pupils went out and bought Picanto autos before passing thier tests.

1.2 engine is great, economy due to auto is poor compared to the manual, but returned a credible 37mpg.  Interoir trim is a little fragile but comfortable, indicators are on the right but never was a problem, new cars are on the left since this year I think.

The girl that answers our phones has the Getz auto and loves it. Warranty is 5 years on the Kia, not sure of the Hyundai (same company but differing warranties)

Intend to buy an i20 d to replace my manual school car.

As you can gather we are big fans.

[IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/BullOnEdge/SchoolCars012.jpg[/img][IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/BullOnEdge/SchoolCars006-1.jpg[/img]

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#6 21-05-09 06:06:04

nigel
Verified Member

hi i used the auto for a while found it very underpowered and unstable at over 60 which took forever to get to but good vision all round and easy to drive just very slow

DSA ADI
Fleet trainer, Iam ,Rospa (gold) Tutor. DIAmond Advanced/

Board footer