You are not logged in.

#1 14-05-09 15:26:59

taffyduck
Verified Member

registering self employment

hi guys can you give me some advice, ive just passed my part3 and i am going to start on my own aswell as keep my fulltime job my signs for my car are coming monday so who do i have to inform to start self employment

14-05-09 15:26:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: registering self employment

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-05-09 15:50:36

howly
Verified Member
Website

you need to register with Revenues and Customs.

visit http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployed/index.shtml

you'll get plenty of info at this website.  also consider going on the workshops for the self employed offer by HMRC, they're very helpful.

chris

#3 14-05-09 15:52:17

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

just beat me to it chris  tongue

you have 3 months from the date u start to register...u cannot register until u actually start tho

good luck  big_smile

#4 14-05-09 15:59:53

taffyduck
Verified Member

thanks both when shall i get an accountant

#5 14-05-09 18:16:30

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

When u feel the need/ can afford it...if your only going to be part time to start with i would have thought u should be able to do without one to start with, but if u can afford to pay one and dont want the hassle of doing it urself then get one.
Ive not got one at the mo as im coping with doing it myself...but thats just to keep my costs down.

#6 14-05-09 18:26:12

taffyduck
Verified Member

thanks binty yeh just doing it part time at the moment until i have enough pupils to leave my job

Board footer