You are not logged in.

#1 12-05-09 09:33:51

krismcmillan
Verified Member

Thinking about going on a pink licence

Good Morning

I have just had a chat with a driving school, about working for them as a fully qualified instructor.  They mentioned how about getting a Pink licence and then you can learn as you train. 

That has got me thinking, would it benefit going down this route and getting a pink licence and then taking the opportunity with this driving school.  Or would it be better to carry on training with no pink licence.

How do clients feel learning to drive with an instructor who has got a pink licence, compared to fully qualified instructor?

How many instructors pass their ADI part 3 without a pink licence?

How many hours you do teach for?

Or can you instruct on a pink licence, full time?

Is it wise to do it full time, or part time?

As I have got my first attempt in a couple of weeks and thinking what happens if I don’t pass. 

Thanks in advance

Kris

Part One: Passed 21/06/08
Part Two: Passed 9/10/08
Part Three: Failed 26/05/09

12-05-09 09:33:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Thinking about going on a pink licence

#2 19-05-09 19:31:28

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Hi Kris

I am on a Pink and throughly enjoy the experience taht i'm gaining. I am on a pink part time, and only teach at the weekend, it is hard working 7 days days as i work full time in the week, my husband works away Monday to Friday, so i dont see him at all really. I say i do around 7 - 10 hours per weekend.

Being on a pink should purely be about increasing your revision and practice, not about making any money. If you already have a job, and really do want to go on a pink then i would highly recommend you keeping the day job, and fitting any lessons around that.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Cat x

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 07-07-10 20:58:44

asroxx@yahoo.com
Website

I think the best is if you don't go on a pink licence as you will never teach a learner to drive as DSA is expecting you to do that. Also what if you never qualify?

Board footer