You are not logged in.

#1 11-05-09 13:29:03

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Feeling a tad paranoid!

Hi Everyone

Have just been notified of a check test, 3.5 to 4 months after passing part 3. Other threads I have read on this forum suggest alot of people are waiting up to a year plus for a first check test, but mine seems to be very soon after qualifying.

Anyone got any thoughts why this might be? Could I be a marked man? Perhaps my part 3 was borderline (4:4) thus the quick check test.  Am i being paranoid, or is the timing just pot luck?

Bouncer

11-05-09 13:29:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Feeling a tad paranoid!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 11-05-09 13:58:21

VandADI
Administrator

Looks like the DSA are back on track with check tests and have caught up with the back log. Unfortunately, you cannot refuse this check test
See thread  http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 420.0.html
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

#3 11-05-09 14:01:43

Aspyre

you ARE being paranoid  big_smile

some people get them quicker than that!!

#4 11-05-09 14:36:43

driver69

Don`t listen to VandaADI or Aspyre you are not paranoid and they are part of a conspiracy to convince you otherwise  :evil:

I know how you feel, I got an invite for an educational a couple of weeks after a pupil had a bad fail, yet others who qualified months before or recently after me as far as I am aware still have not got theirs. Now maybe I too am paranoid but I feel otherwise.

#5 11-05-09 14:40:23

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Thanks everyone

Feel a little better and good to know its probably not just me.  I will defo let you all know when I get that 6 lol!!!!!

#6 11-05-09 14:49:55

Aspyre

just do it quietly and dont talk yourself up except privatly .... yoiu just have a bigger way to fall if you dont get it right.. what ever grade you get at this stage is fine (i can see a semantic loop hole there which i'm sure some one will jump on).... you just move on from there if it is not as good as you'd hoped for.

nothing can turn you into an adi with 10 years experience..... except 10 years experience!!!

if your worried get some extra tuition from a decent trainer but just be your self.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 11-05-09 15:21:20

VandADI
Administrator

Don`t listen to VandaADI or Aspyre you are not paranoid and they are part of a conspiracy to convince you otherwise  :evil:

I know how you feel, I got an invite for an educational a couple of weeks after a pupil had a bad fail, yet others who qualified months before or recently after me as far as I am aware still have not got theirs. Now maybe I too am paranoid but I feel otherwise.

Sorry, not sure I understand what you mean, which part of my post should not be listened to?

#8 11-05-09 15:23:34

Aspyre

he was joking like as in "it IS a conspiracy i tells yer" big_smile

#9 11-05-09 15:27:34

VandADI
Administrator

tongue

#10 11-05-09 16:50:24

driver69

Yes only joking  smile

#11 11-05-09 18:20:27

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Im still waiting to hear if my first check test.
I passed Part 3 in November 2007 with a 5:5. 
I passed only a few months after Driver67 so Im guessing I'll be up soon. 
Not exactly looking forward to seeing that envelope lying in the hallway, but Im NOT paranoid (yet).

#12 11-05-09 19:57:49

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Hi Aspye

I will be delighted if I get a 4...I love the job, some days I feel rubbish at it, other days I feel I am a good instructor....just have a 'worst case scenario' fear I am going to get 3 bad check tests and get struck off!

#13 11-05-09 21:14:05

Aspyre

you dont get struck off that easily so dont worry.

#14 12-05-09 08:01:16

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

I got my letter after 4 months, check test almost 6 months to the day after qualifying. Just the DSA being efficient!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#15 12-05-09 20:34:42

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I got my letter after 4 months, check test almost 6 months to the day after qualifying. Just the DSA being efficient!

This doesn't happen;its pure luck big_smile
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Board footer