You are not logged in.

#1 03-04-05 01:40:04

colinthechemist

How many hours before I can do part 3???

I've learned a lot from these message boards, but i'm still not clear how much training is required after passing part 2 before you are eligible to take part 3....

If you don't take a pinkie, how much training do you need? How many hours of classroom training? How many hours in-car with a trainer? Obviously some people will need more than others, but is there a legal minimum?

As someone who only works a few hours a week in my current job, is it possible to do some or all of the part 3 training intensively or is it 2 hours per week for 5 months?

Alternatively, if you do want a pinkie, how many hours training do you need between passing part 2 and starting on the pink? Do pink drivers need 20 "extra" hours that they could have missed if they didn't do pink?

Help me - I'm getting confused  :shock:

03-04-05 01:40:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How many hours before I can do part 3???

#2 03-04-05 06:41:01

Django

If I remember rightly I did about 10 3hour in car sessions for my part III. The rest I did reading books on my own.

#3 03-04-05 09:34:29

ck
Website

Hi colinthechemist,
the number of hours training before atepmting pt3 is dependant only on whether or not you want a trainee licence.
If you do not int intend to take a pink the there is no set amount of training required.I fyou do want to take a pink you must have had at least 40 hours training before you can get a pink in addition to this you must either have a further 20 hours training with an ADI covering the specified subjects at least 25% of which must be practical training,this must be done within the first three months of the licence or before your first atempt at pt3, or you must be supervised for at least 20% of all tuition that you give.
Hope this helps.

ck

#4 03-04-05 22:44:44

luchell

im taking a pinkie as i think the experience with real pups will help me but thats me lol. my part three dates are booked with bsm, from 21 april to 6 may ive got 6 days, 3 in car 3 on road then onto a pink.some of the part two training is incorperated into the total though i think as we learn to teach the manouvres whilst learning them ourselves for part two. i enjoy this integrated approach. spose its not for everyone though

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 04-04-05 09:54:22

colinthechemist

ck wrote:

If you do not intend to take a pink the there is no set amount of training required.

Clearly no-one's going to pass Part 3 without any tuition, but in theory a pupil could look at a green badge without knowing his ADI has only had a few hours training! Gosh  yikes

I definitely think some big schools abuse pinks, but it's hard to argue that a green badge automatically indicates ability to teach real pupils (not just role-playing SE's)

On the other hand, it does seem as though some PDI's feel that they are out of their depth, struggling with pupils they aren't confident to handle, trying to hold down another job. Does the PDI really learn from teaching pupils, or just get discouraged by their experience whilst the Big School of Motoring makes £15 per hour out of them???

Board footer