You are not logged in.

#1 02-05-09 12:50:12

aba

Should i change my ADI

Hi,
i am learning driving for a while now,and i feel having had so many classes i still make mistakes,in terms of clutch control ,and i feel frusturated about making these mistakes,and my instructor is not happy as well(lots of huffing and puffing),i feel that i have learned a lot ,but still not near the test standard.

Secondly,my ADI advises me for going automatic every time i make mistake with clutch gear contorl,which annoys me ,because i feel i good enough to drive a car with gears.

Finally,some time back my ADI told me look for some one to teach me driving,but that time i just ignored his comments and thought i will prove him wrong

but,Now i have started thinking that i need a change my ADI,but not sure what to do

Thanks
Aba

02-05-09 12:50:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Should i change my ADI

#2 02-05-09 13:04:12

evanadi

Hi aba, normally I would say stick with your instructor, however if what you have posted is true, get the hell on the phone and find a driving instructor with a ''professional attitude''. I quote you: ''my ADI told me look for some one to teach me driving''. What the hell are you paying him money for then, isn't HE up to the job, if he is not then you need to find someone who is.

With regard to the mistakes with the clutch, are you nervous on lessons? are these nerves made worse because you are worried about the ''huffing and puffing''?.

Obviously I don't know you or your instructor, but I can inform you categorically that huffing, puffing and any sarcasm are not conducive to a good learning environment. See if you can find someone on here, don't struggle on because you will regress rather than progress.

Good luck Ev wink

#3 02-05-09 18:21:00

Alan72
Verified Member

Hi Aba, which area are you in? From what you have said, you need an experienced, professional ADI. I am sure there are lots of instructors on this forum who will be able to teach you.
Alan.

Qualified in 1971 and started my driving school in 1972
Retired 2013

#4 02-05-09 22:44:48

evondoll
Verified Member
Website

Not much point having lessons with someone who has such a negative attitude. Find another adi, I'm sure you will see a big difference.

Evon x

#5 05-05-09 12:56:33

mazmw

Yes change your instructor it did me the world of good now i am learning how to drive rather than just pass my test

#6 08-05-09 23:51:38

mrbrightside
Verified Member

I would also normally say stick with your instructor. But from what you have described, there is NO WAY you should be paying him anything. You could post on here looking for a decent and professional instructor, or ask your friends/family/neighbours if they have any recomendations of someone they know to be good.

Part 1: Passed (11/9/07) 96/100 & 68/75
Part 2: Passed (19/10/07) 3 Minors
Part 3: (2nd) Passed (27/11/08) 4/4
Check Test: Grade 5 (16/03/11)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 26-03-10 10:54:30

theorytest
Website

Hi Aba,

I think you should change your driving instructor. If your instructor is not going to give you a proper tarining and who is not positive about you then you have to find the other one who can guide you proper with positive attitude.

Best of luck. smile

#8 26-03-10 11:26:08

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

I am sure you will appreciate that no two learners are alike in ability and aptitude.  It sounds like you will need much exra practice.  At least you have the determination to overcome this which is very important.
Sadly, it appears you have an instructor with little patience and you must find someone else.  Ask around with some of your friends and try to get a good recommendation for another instructor in your area.
I have a few pupils in a similar situation as yours but we persevere.  I would never dream of huffing and puffing which will only cause a huge dent in the pupil's confidence.
One lad who had the same problem passed his test last week and I was very proud of him for sticking with it.
I wish you the best of luck....

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#9 26-03-10 11:32:17

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I'm usually against knocking the ADI becasue we do hear all manner of excuses from pupils who just can't be bothered to learn properly.

Having said that, I think you have a very good attitude towards your learning and you have taken responsibility for all the set backs so far. I do think you deserve somebody who will at least try to be empathic with you.

Clutch control problems can be overcome with lots of practice at the skill. No one finds it easy at first - indeed, I remember my foot used to ache like mad in the initial stages of learning to drive - but practice makes perfect...

Keep us informed as to your future progress on here.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#10 26-03-10 11:57:39

KevB
Verified Member
Website

thread is almost a year old.   roll   roll

#11 26-03-10 12:04:52

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Bl###dy Hell... I assumed it was fresh.  What a waste of time that was.  Aba was so motivated that he/she couldn't even be bothered having more than one entry.

What is they say about "Assume"   Break up the word and it can read Make an "ass" out of "u" and "me"  !!!!

Theorytest.... Where did you dig this entry up ?

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 09-05-10 21:07:01

philb15

Hi Aba, which area are you in? From what you have said, you need an experienced, professional ADI. I am sure there are lots of instructors on this forum who will be able to teach you.
Alan.

Standing up for the new upcoming ADI's you don't necessarily need an experienced ADI smile

You would definitely benefit from moving to another instructor/driving school with someone that has the patience to allow for mistakes and the ability to help you improve your driving.  Seems like the current instructor is set in his ways and lacks the ability to adjust the tuition to suit you and expects you to change yourself to suit him.

Good luck whatever your decision.

#13 10-05-10 06:48:21

martin_t
Verified Member

Just an update to Kevin's post - the thread is now OVER one year old!

<yawn>

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 10-05-10 08:15:29

mallyman

Just an update to Kevin's post - the thread is now OVER one year old!

<yawn>

This thread may have been started over a year ago but surely the tips could be useful for other people learning to drive and coming across the thread?

No need for the 'Yawn'  :?

#15 10-05-10 08:33:52

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

That's correct, Mallyman.

Some of us do, indeed, use the forum's  filing system to find info' without actaully having to post.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

Board footer