You are not logged in.

#1 29-04-09 19:31:01

onmyown
Verified Member

urgent answer please check test in morning

Hi
Check test in morning and just thought of this tonight so hope you can come back with help.
got a good pup, had 1 and half hours and did cockpit, move off and stop, he was great on the clutch so managed to put in just a few jctns,
check test subject is jctns turning right and left.
DO I
brief him at centre,about what we did last time and then drive to nursery route,
Or Q & A him at centre to see what he remembers, and then tell him todays subject, and then me drive to area, (area for nursery route is thru town) and then brief him on todays lesson at area of training.
Also on left and right jctns we will emerge from jctns,
Do I bring emerging into the lesson or just brush over it, because it is a seperate lesson.
Last but not least. Because we have been doing jctns do I let him drive back thru town, I normally would not but having just done the subject would I be advised to let him drive
Thanks guys and gals.

29-04-09 19:31:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: urgent answer please check test in morning

#2 29-04-09 20:18:12

Kev D
Verified Member

My humble opinion for what its worth is:

The SE would normally like to see the lesson tailored to meet the needs of the student rather than mirroring the part 3 PST's so don't fall into the trap of trying to link it too closely to a part 3 test.  Therefore ask yourself what the student needs rather than what you think the SE might or might not want to see.

It is difficult for anyone on here to give you THE correct answer without any of us seeing what the student has done, only you know what their potential may be and you have to base your assessment on that judgement.  If you decide to drive them to the nursery route then use that time constructively to demo MSPSL/junctions/hazard awareness etc and lots of Q&A at the appropriate level for the student.

I hope this helps and best of luck tomorrow smile

Kev D

Police Driver Trainer
Grade 6 ADI - May 2013

#3 29-04-09 20:35:56

onmyown
Verified Member

thanks  kev
I am at the moment on them lines, but asked the question , to see if we all think the same.

#4 29-04-09 20:39:09

Aspyre

whatever you do.... identify faults... analyse them.... and fix them.. Dont "brush over" any fault.. Change the plan if faults appear.

#5 29-04-09 20:41:03

onmyown
Verified Member

ta asp

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 29-04-09 21:03:27

Luchell
Verified Member

Sorry, im totally confused. You took your check test months ago according to this thread

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … #msg251143

Passing with a 5/5 which you wont get on a check test you get only one grade for the checktest as a whole.

Perhaps you could explain to help my confusion?

#7 29-04-09 21:21:10

VandADI
Administrator

I must admit I did also get a little confused with the 5/5 result on check test taken two months ago, I believe I did ask for clarification then?

However, would agree with Kev D in saying don't treat it like a part 3.
Start of with a re-cap of last lesson using effective Q &A, any gaps in knowledge should be filled and your objectives for lesson set.
If pupil is not able to drive away from TC then you should drive to site. Use the drive time constuctively as suggested by Kev D.
It is important to mention to your pupil that  because of the weight distrubution in the car, they will need to set extra gas when pulling away etc., and re-assure pupil that SE is not there to assess their driving in any way, they are just observing the way you are conducting your lesson.
When you return at the TC, give a thorough de-brief, use Q and A to find out what they have learnt and set objectives for next lesson. Finish off by giving relevant handout on subjects covered throughout lesson, perhaps setting a little "homework" to produce on next lesson, always goes down a treat with the SE.
Good luck , let us know how you get on.

#8 29-04-09 21:30:32

jonnmedds
Verified Member

You seem to be trying to cram a lot into a 1hr lesson. Remember quality not quantity.

Jon

#9 30-04-09 10:10:01

onmyown
Verified Member

van & luchell
Yeh sorry about that,
I was asked by a friend what to do in the above situation and I honestly could not give him a positive answer, so USING THE WORD I instead of my friend or whoever was just the way I wrote it, to get back to him and try and give him the answer from so many of you out there, he did not know about this forum and to get him to use it late lastnight would have been a nightmare, so I asked you guys the question,
Jon was right he obtained a grade four, ( too much info) or has I call them 4s or 5/5s or 6/6s because you have to obtain lots of 4s 5s or 6s to get your grade, just added that for luchell, its just my interpretation luchell sorry for confusion.
Thanks you guys anyway you did help but Jon hit the nail on the head.
I did pass this on to him this morning before he left.
once again thankyou all who helped us, I honestly could not answer it all, and right now I am glad I did'nt answer the question, or the 4s could have pointed my way after this mornings result, but a grade 4 is a pass and can only be bettered next time.

#10 30-04-09 10:38:25

VandADI
Administrator

Good to hear the info helped your friend, but I am still unclear as to what grade you got on your check test.

#11 30-04-09 18:07:31

onmyown
Verified Member

van
I got a 5 but only just, i was told off for not having my headrest high enough der

#12 30-04-09 18:45:27

Luchell
Verified Member

Sorry??  neutral

#13 30-04-09 21:39:01

c-way
Verified Member
Website

umm remind me to check my head restraint for my next check test, It my help me to get that grade 6  :evil:   tongue

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 01-05-09 08:19:31

jonnmedds
Verified Member

umm remind me to check my head restraint for my next check test, It my help me to get that grade 6  :evil:   tongue

When I walked away with my 6 I put my success entirely down to having my head restraint in the correct position.  big_smile

Don't tell everyone, else they'll all be getting 6's.  big_smile

Jon

Board footer