You are not logged in.

#1 27-04-09 15:37:45

keja33
Verified Member

Rain Sensor

Would anybody know how to disable the rain sensor on a 03 Micra, somebody only has to sneeze on the other side of the road and the wipers activate  big_smile    boody annoying      roll

27-04-09 15:37:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Rain Sensor

#2 27-04-09 16:49:29

driver69

Does the sensor not only work when set to intermittent?  On my previous car (Fiesta) you could switch them off by setting the wiper stock to off.

#3 27-04-09 17:04:10

keja33
Verified Member

No,  the wiper stalk was in the off position    :?

#4 27-04-09 18:36:07

ExAdiNigel

I had a 53 plate Micra and you had to put the wipers onto auto.  If they were off then they were off.  The annoying thing with the Micra auto wipers was that you had to turn then off and back on again if the engine stalled.

I suggest there's something wrong with them if they work when they're switched off.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 29-04-09 08:11:28

dog
Verified Member

I had a 53 plate Micra and you had to put the wipers onto auto.  If they were off then they were off.  The annoying thing with the Micra auto wipers was that you had to turn then off and back on again if the engine stalled.

Exactly the same case with my Peugeot 306, you have to set it to AUTO for it to work on auto. And if you switch the engine off and on again you have to set the wipers off and back to auto again.

If I disconnect the rain sensor (you have to pull the rear view mirror off, then the base slides out and the rain sensor is in there, and just pull the plug out), it defaults to intermittent with on auto.

Board footer