You are not logged in.

#1 21-04-09 00:29:38

gleeson

Dip DI

Hi,

Anyone had problems with DIA generally but in particular with the Dip DI?

I find that trying to get some sense out of them is quite difficult because they're very slow to return my call or answer my emails.

I have had to withdraw from the exams this year due to medical problems but am told that I will lose £15 per subject if I request a refund as well as losing the £80 admin fee. I enrolled for 2 modules about a week before becoming ill and subsequently was admitted to hospital and off work for 4 weeks.They have offered to hold the fee for next round of exams but I think that is unreasonable as they only examine once a year! They are offering a refund of £60 out of the £170 I paid.

I can't see where this policy can be found.

Anyone had similar experiences? Surely there must be exceptions to cater for genuine causes of withdrawing from the exams and hence receive a refund?

21-04-09 00:29:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Dip DI

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 21-04-09 05:55:40

ExAdiNigel

If you are unable to take the exams this time round I think it is a very reasonable offer from teh DIA to hold your payments over to the next exams.

They have costs involved so, although it would be a nice touch for them to offer a full refund, why should they simply because you were ill, it's not as if it was they're fault you were ill.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 21-04-09 06:51:25

gleeson

Yes I hear what you're saying, Nigel, but of course there are various factors that render individual cases true exceptions and I just wondered if anyone had had similar experiences with the DIA.

At the ripe old age that I am, I have had a lot of experience of sitting exams, mainly academic as opposed to vocational, and some examining bodies are more flexible than other. I have worked on both sides of the fence, as it were, as I come from a financial background and have been party to refunding exam fees for a further education establishment. For example I would have expected them to take into account the reason behind my cancellation AS WELL AS considering their costs in regards to exams that are a month away. I would have thought that for example a partial refund of the administration fee would be considered at this stage as part of that money goes towards invigilation.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and your thoughts.

#4 21-04-09 11:02:03

Luchell
Verified Member

Same happened to me, I was told the 15 pounds they kept per module exam was for the cost of my place in the hall I would have had per exam. It wasn't as if once i pulled out there was someone else who could have booked my 'seat' so to speak due to short notice although that perhaps happens at times. I didn't question it as I know it's a inconvenience to them through no fault of their own.

Board footer