You are not logged in.

#1 15-04-09 14:23:12

stidds
Verified Member

1st Check Test today

After months of worrying about my check test it finally arrived today.  Why was I getting so worked up?  It was a nice experience and gave me some really valuable advice from the SE.

I took a student with about 18 hours experience and we worked on junctions as that was his normal lesson.

I got a grade 4, but looking at the marking sheet I was close to a 5.  The reasons that I didn't receive the 5 I understand and I knew I messed up on the 2 faults at the time they happened, so next time I know better.

I have already started working on the advice the SE gave me and it has already made me a better Instructor.  Which is great for my students.

The SE said that it was a very professional lesson and he could see the student learnt a lot during the lesson.  Which at the end of the day is the most important thing.

Sean

ADI Part 1 - Passed July 2006
ADI Part 2 - Passed August 2007
ADI Part 3 - Delayed Pass June 2008
ADI Part 3 - Passed August 2008

15-04-09 14:23:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st Check Test today

#2 15-04-09 14:34:06

FRANKS
Verified Member

Sean,

Well done on getting the grade 4, thats quite normal on first check test. I like your attitude towards the test and you found the SE had good advise for you.

That's all the CT is about, nothing more or less.

Also glad to see you just did the normal lesson with your pupil, loads of ADI try to stage their CT and come unstuck as the SEs are not stupid

Well done again

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#3 15-04-09 14:50:46

stidds
Verified Member

Thank you Franks, I only knew to do the normal lesson because of all the great advice on this site.  Without all of the members help I probably would have tried to stage it or even treat it as a part 3.

It really does pay to do your homework.

ADI Part 1 - Passed July 2006
ADI Part 2 - Passed August 2007
ADI Part 3 - Delayed Pass June 2008
ADI Part 3 - Passed August 2008

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 15-04-09 16:18:32

samds
Verified Member
Website

Hey Stidds

Well done, pressures off but the work starts here, you know what to do.

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

#5 16-04-09 20:30:48

lucy
Verified Member
Website

Well done on your check test.  It's not nearly as bad as some instructors make out is it?  big_smile

Board footer