You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-04-09 20:51:32

Target
Verified Member
Website

Others businesses!

Do you do what I do....

I like to think I run a good ship......I look at little aspects of my business and get so many compliments for even the smallest of things, which the pupils take note of.

However......Recently if not in the past especially now with a recession biting hard on most peoples income, I took the mum out for a mothers day lunch.

The service was a joke, and it did'nt look that busy....

We sat down and ordered, the starter took more than needed, but the main was around 45 minutes wait. During the whole meal we were offered ONE drink.....I probably would have taken another if only id been asked! What happened to sales.....

The food was pritty good, a little on the small portion size but that allowed for 3 orders, its a nice renew and pleasant surroundings out in Elstree Herts, but ill not be going back and ill not be recommending the restaurant.

This is not the first time its happened, you would think currently they would try that little harder.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

03-04-09 20:51:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Others businesses!

#2 04-04-09 08:53:52

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

Re: Others businesses!

I think, over the last 10 years, there has been so much money (credit) available for everyone to spend that any fool could run a business and make a profit.

Now that the banks are going bust, the people who either don't really know what they're doing, or don't really care, are going to be found out. For the consumer, that's a good thing.

I spoke to a 60 year old surveyor recently who has next to no work on at the moment but was quite laid back about it.
"This is the 3rd recession that my business has gone through. For many of my competitors, it's the first. I've always known that it will come and I have plans in place and money set aside for it. I also have the experience and setup geared to coming out of it the other side." How many others can say the same?

It's easy to make money in the boom times, but it takes a lot more attention to detail to make it now. How long is that restaurant going to last with poor service and no recommendations?

There are plenty of ADIs out there who are feeling the pinch. As far as I'm concerned, there are fewer pupils out there at the moment but there are still some.
You just need to be one step ahead to find them. Starting with decent service and plenty of recommendations.

I don't wish ill on anyone but there's no harm in the crap businesses disappearing.

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

Board footer