You are not logged in.

#1 23-03-09 19:21:48

maznaq

Cancelled Driving Test

Hello all, my first ever post on DTT! Just wanted to ask a quick question...

If a test is cancelled due to there being a problem with your car do you refund the money for that test time?

Also after paying for their next test do you charge them for 3 hours for the next test time?

i'm having a bit of a problem with a pupil and Just wanted to see what other ADI did and think i should do.

many thanks

23-03-09 19:21:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Cancelled Driving Test

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-03-09 23:56:58

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

Hmmm, tricky one. Just out of interest, what was wrong?

In the interests of not getting a bad name, I would be tempted to bite the bullet and pay for their next test, and give them a suitable about of free lessons to keep them at the test standard.

On a similar line, I recently took a new pupil on by email, but stupidly forgot to write it in my diary (first time in 3 years!), and I therefore didn't turn up for her first lesson. As an apology I offered the first 2 hours for free. She booked more lessons, but if she didn't, I feel confident that she wouldn't have felt she had to tell everyone how bad I was  :angel:

At the end of the day, it's up to you.

Rob

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

#3 24-03-09 00:02:03

KevB
Verified Member
Website

I'd pay for the retest and car time for the new test time.

any lessons taken before the next test would be charged as normal.

#4 24-03-09 08:53:27

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

I had a nail in tyre (picked up on pre-test drive  neutral) so test was terminated...i paid for the next test and wavered that days fee....any lessons my pupil had before next test she paid for, also she paid test day fee for new test.

Yes i know i could have tried to change tyre in the 5 mins i was allowed...but being a mere girly i didnt even attempt it!

#5 24-03-09 13:57:15

maznaq

I had the same problem, there was a nail in the tyre and couldn't change it the 5 mins given.

The lady who's test it was, had prepaid for the test day so i booked/paid for her next test. she paid for further lessons in between. However on the day of her next test i just asked her to pay for the one and half hours before the test and not the test time itself. she agreed.  she arrived late so the one and half hours became one hour and at the end of the test (which she passed) she said she'll call when she has the money.

After calling her many times she now says she won't be paying.  Reluctantly she said she'll pay for the 1 hour but nothing else.  On top of that she went to the police station to say i'm harrassing her!  I explained the situation to the police officer who was very understanding and told me to go to the small claims court.  But to be honest i can't be bothered! It's not worth it. I just wanted to know what to do next time something like this happens. 

Thanks guys for ur replies!

Board footer