You are not logged in.

#1 13-03-09 22:03:02

TC
Verified Member
Website

LGV License renewal

My LGV license is up for renewal in 2010,do DVLA send out reminders or do you have to renew yourself,also I still have the old style paper license but am in process of swapping it to photo license.Will my LGV simply be added to my photocard license or do I need to submit extra paperwork?

13-03-09 22:03:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LGV License renewal

#2 14-03-09 15:28:25

jonnmedds
Verified Member

Is the licence due for renewal because you're due for a medical? in which case you'll need the relevent forms for the doctor to fill in.
DVLA should send you a reminder but they sometimes forget neutral
Your LGV entitlement will be added to your new photocard licence

Jon

#3 15-03-09 18:11:30

TC
Verified Member
Website

Not sure Jon if i'm due a medical but it states on my license its valid from 1/4/91 to 27/11/10 so I guess thats up to my 45th birthday.Do you need a medical on your 45th birthday renewal?,thanks for the info btw.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 15-03-09 18:54:08

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Not sure Jon if i'm due a medical but it states on my license its valid from 1/4/91 to 27/11/10 so I guess thats up to my 45th birthday.Do you need a medical on your 45th birthday renewal?,thanks for the info btw.

Yeah, LGV medical due at 45 years of age, if you drive for a company, they should pay the medical expence.

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#5 13-02-11 13:09:34

raymondtt
Website

Contact the DVLA for the accurate info..cheers

#6 13-02-11 13:36:16

(ROG)
Verified Member

A 2 YEAR OLD THREAD!!

Most LGV licences are renewed at age 45 but there can be exceptions

If the first medical was at age 42 for example then the medicals are 5 years on from that point - 42, 47. 52 etc

It is the responsibility of the driver to have a current medical and also a current driver cpc card or DQC unless on aquired rights

Failure of the driver to keep up their responsibilities can legally result in termination of employment

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Board footer