You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 12-03-09 15:00:06

Madhatter
Verified Member

Subject confusion

Hello.

I have just received a letter for CT in April. My gut reaction is to do role play as I am concerned about the potential pressure it puts on the pupil. I can tell them that the Examiner is watching me and not them until the cows come home but I still think it's a lot to ask. I asked my trainer to supervise one of my lessons shortly after I passed to make sure I was keeping up good standards. The pupil said afterwards that she hated the experience even though the lesson had gone really well.

My letter says that I should do role play if I don't have a pupil. I do, but I don't want to use them. Is that an acceptable reason for role play?

If I do role play, do I chose the subject or does my examiner? If it's me, when do I need to let the examiner know? If it's them, when will they let me know?

I looked at my letter and it says I choose but it's not clear and reading through the advice on this site opinion seems divided.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

12-03-09 15:00:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Subject confusion

#2 12-03-09 16:52:53

empyell
Verified Member

Re: Subject confusion

You choose the role-play subject from a list detailed on your check test letter.
As I recall it, there's a slip on the bottom of the letter that you fill in and send back to confirm you can do the date; it has a spot for saying if you're planning to do role-play or bring a pupil. If role-play you let the examiner know the subject on the day when you turn up.

If you're in doubt, phone them on the number at the top of your letter - I did, and spoke to the booking clerk - he was dead helpful.

Board footer