You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 29-09-08 17:32:56

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

hi i need advice

just wondering ............

im on a pink lic and it runs out in dec .I have booked my part 3 for the end of october
but the thing is with the  school im with  when i have done part 3 im in  a 1  years contract i dont know if to leave , as i cant comitte [sp] my self to the years contract .So im thinking of doing part 3 on my own next spring  .  My 2 years runs out next dec  09.

can i do my part 3 without the extra training [20 hours]  the sheet the trainer signs

thanks emma xx

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

29-09-08 17:32:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: hi i need advice

#2 29-09-08 18:09:13

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

You can take the part 3 with no extra training, the training stipulation is for anyone who wants to work on a pink license.

Have you paid for the extra training already? If so, take it, then leave the franchise before your part 3. If not, then look into finding a good trainer (who will sponsor your remaining time on a pink) before then and moving franchises or going independent before then.

Does the contract start the moment you have passed your part three, or is it tied to a reduction of training fees?

Give us some more information and I'm sure you'll get some good advice.

#3 29-09-08 18:34:55

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

thank you for the reply

i  done part 1 on my own and then joined school and payed 1500 for the training for part 2 and part 3 , i done part 2 in march and then started my 40 hours with school then i went on the pink in june  what runs out in dec .

but trainer said go for part 3 and i know im not ready  for it so it would be 3 weeks today
i have not had much training at all

so the training money  would get my through part 3

and as soon as i have passed part 3 he said i got to stay in a years contract but i dont think i can do it well committe  as it would not be worth hinm training me if i didnty stay with them

so if i leave im worryed about if that sheet needs signing

em xxxx

x emma x

#4 29-09-08 18:43:13

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

When you paid your £1500 for parts 2 and 3 did you sign a contract then which said you had to stay in a contract? Or was this simply a payment for training?

If you paid for training, take it. If part of the deal with the £1500 pounds was that the final 20 hours of part 3 training was dependent on you joining the franchise for a minimum of a year, then leave. Don't join a franchise with a year's contract, unless they have a guarantee that they will provide you with enough customers to pay the franchise fee and earn a reasonable wage (something I've never seen - I wonder why?!!!).

The training may not even be enough to get you through part 3 - the 40 hours stipulated for PDIs is a minimum and it must be given within a timescale from when you went on pink (one of the trainers will remind me what this timescale is).

If you decide not to take the training, you will need to either hand back your pink licence, or find another sponsoring school/trainer and you will need to undertake the training and have the sheet signed off for the full 40 hours.

If you're handing back your pink then you don't need the sheet at all.

#5 29-09-08 18:50:51

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Emma

You have fallen into the classic rip off trap, see someone in the know and get yourself out. It is impossible to pass a part 3 with 20 hrs training, so not really an option. And by the sound of your trainer its even less of an option.

You need closer to 60 hrs QUALITY training before going for a part 3. Get some more training in addittion to current training. What did you initially sign up to?

Regards Hector

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#6 29-09-08 18:53:46

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

ahhh ok , he signed 2 form with the 40 hours and then i got my pink lic ,

i only do part time as im to  busy  at home . so that another reason cause the franchise i cant committe to god for bid my daughter was ill and i had to have a few weeks off work then i would still have to pay

what i was thinking was having a few months off but still studying from all me books i done when i done the 40 hours
and using my friends driving school car as shes indi and then going alone [ she can still help me with it all ]

em xxxx

x emma x

#7 29-09-08 19:02:31

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

ahhh hector ,  the over few weeks i  have been thinking of  giving up with them
as was not happy with the training and the many hours im doing

i said to him the other day im not happy and i cant afford to do this as wages was was not good at all  and my mum and dad need me now , what they do as getting older . so i was going to give car and pupils back , he said its up to me what i do ,

i have about 3 hours training a week  and my test  is soon

i signed for the school car insurance well i think it was for that

em xxx

x emma x

#8 30-09-08 06:18:05

ExAdiNigel

Try taking the copies of the contract you signed into the Citizens Advice Bureau and see if they can offer some advice as to exactly what you have signed up to.  Alternatively, have you joined one of the representative organisations eg DIA, MSA DIDU?  They should be able to offer some legal advice.

Where are you based?  Perhaps someone on here can meet up with you and talk things over?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#9 30-09-08 08:31:06

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

thanks nigel  in in kent

every one is miles away

em xxx

x emma x

#10 30-09-08 16:15:32

Janeway
Verified Member
Website

Where are you based Emma? There are some brilliant trainers around the country, if I recall you're from down south..  You've worked so hard to get this far, see if you can find a training buddy in the meantime while you sort out your training issues. Hang in there but don't rush any attempt at Part 3....
Wendy Jane!  smile

ORDIT Registered ADI Trainer
Fleet Trainer
Grade 6
B.Ed
http://www.voyagerinstructortraining.com

#11 30-09-08 16:47:53

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

thanks all and wendy

a few weeks ago i was thinking about jacking it all in 
but i spoke to my school and he said theres no point training with him if im not going to do part 3 with him cause he wants me in a years contract
so this week is my last week with them
all my referals have to stick to them dont ask me why

i have made many calls today and i have come across a school and there is no franchise comittment and all i give him is part of the lesson money and they supply the car and i can finesh my training with them  i will go to meet him next week so watch this space also i have cancelled my part 3 in october and i got a refund .

em xxx

x emma x

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 01-10-08 17:59:05

ExAdiNigel

....all my referals have to stick to them dont ask me why ....

Oh no they don't!  No instructor or franchise owner can tell anyone who they will learn with.  Everyone is free to choose their own instructor!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#13 01-10-08 20:46:02

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

ahhh ok i will tell all my referals and see what they say

thanks all i will let you know what happens

em xx

x emma x

#14 01-10-08 21:16:00

evanadi

You could get a job Emma and seek out a good quality trainer and use some of that money to pay for quality training. At the end of the day that would be more worthwhile than working long hours for a pittance and still not getting any training.

If you look for a trainer, make sure they are just that, someone with the right credentials, not just another adi who wants to take a chance with your future. Probably pee a few people off saying that but its your future, do whats right for you.

Hope it works out for you. Ev

#15 03-10-08 21:00:57

scannermanh
Verified Member

Hi Emmajane
Please check your messages

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#16 19-12-08 20:11:08

Hale
Verified Member
Website

I say is that a DAVE MILLER car??

Hmmmm know them well, i was in the same situation was on a second pink and then passed. Gave them 6months and put the car keys through the letter box they had all the pupils back.
I was was working all the mug hours (eves and weekends) Maybe stick with them til you pass then leave.
Oh yeah isnt there something about not setting up on your own within a 5 mile radius of there office??

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#17 09-03-09 19:51:02

amanda
Verified Member

Hi Emma,

Long time no hear on the site!!

Hows things going.

Have you taken your part 3 yet, if so how did it go?

Look forward to your reply.

@manda

Board footer