You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 09-03-09 09:48:17

Hale
Verified Member
Website

The official DSA Q&A Book for Part

Does anyone know where and how you get hold of it?

When i trained it was DSA black and white A4 booklet. It has the complete list of Question with Answers.
Alot of these training schools give out a list of books to read, which is a long winded and unnecessary process.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

09-03-09 09:48:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: The official DSA Q&A Book for Part

#2 09-03-09 09:54:32

KevB
Verified Member
Website

http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp? … FO=1207631

I disagree with only studying the question bank, but the official book and cdroms can be found from the above link.

#3 09-03-09 10:25:06

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

The offical ADI question bank (A4 size) is available direct from DSA, i got mine when i registered as a PDI

#4 09-03-09 11:13:00

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for that. Ok i guess it is of some use to read the books recommended.
But alot of these training establishments do NOT inform you that this 'Question Bank Book' exists.
Hence why i am finding one for a friend who is struggling with all the literature she has to apparently read for Part 1 and has not been told about this book.

Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

#5 09-03-09 12:11:00

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

You can buy the ADI Part 1 question and answer book directly from the DSA.

It costs £6.00

Either phone 0300 123 1126 and pay with a credit/debit card, or send a letter asking for it with a cheque or postal order to;
Driving Standards Agency
P.O. Box 280
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE99 1FP

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#6 09-03-09 14:02:47

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

The knowledge learnt in part 1 is the basis for the rest of the qualification process. Have a good foundation and go from strength to strength  smile

#7 09-03-09 14:53:27

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Dont get me wrong, im not saying the books are a waste of time. I often still refer to them. What i am saying is that (and in mine and now my friends case) i was given a 'long' step guide on which pages to read.
I felt overwhelmed by all the information and didnt feel at all prepared for Part 1. It wasnt until i started a workshop with the school i was going to work for on a Pink i was told about the Q&A book.
Immediately i felt less stressed about it and was better able to prepare. I doubt i would of passed just by trying to soak up all the information in the reading list and having no idea what the questions would be.

Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

#8 09-03-09 16:52:00

Aspyre

Lets all agree that having the q&a book is useful and you also need to understand most of the answers if youre going to be liekly to make it as an adi.

Seeing as there are over 1000 questions in the q&a bank I cant see many people managing to memorise it without understanding a word.. I also dont see it as a failing if someone memorises a few of them (stopping dist for example).

Board footer